three

Days later:

As I finished cleaning the paint mess my classroom did I couldnt help but wonder why I always choose paint. It's a preschool room, I shouldnt use it. I had four days until New Years Eve and I had to make sure the room stayed clean. I set the chairs ontop of the desk and walked over to mine, opening my laptop. I finished making my lesson plans, hitting save and shutting the computer again. A knock on my classroom door reverted my eyes to see Alex walking in, fully covered in his winter jacket.

"Hey, can we talk"? He asked. I nodded, standing up and pulling my shirt down a bit as I walked over to him. My heel boots clicked with every step.

"You ignored all my texts and calls". I bluntly spoke, clearly pissed. He looked down at his feet then around the room, keeping his eyes away from me. "I know, and I'm sorry. I was mad". He spoke softly.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Why were you mad at me. I didnt do anything". I said crossing my arms over my chest. He shrugged his shoulders and looked up to me.

"You know how I feel about you hanging with Troy. He's always there and you always pick him over me". He hissed.

I sarcastically clapped my hands together and laughed. He cant be serious. "And why do you think I spend my free time with him? Maybe because you get so pissed over nothing, ditch and I dont hear from you for days. It was Christmas Alex. You understand how embarrassed i was." I took a deep breath. "I'm trying Alex, but you're making it harder on me". I said and gathered my papers together. He walked over to my desk, sitting on the edge.

"I'm sorry baby. Please just have dinner with me tonight. I'll make it up to you". He said as he grabbed my purse to stop my movements. Dinner always ment sex afterwards. I got sick of it.

"I'm not sleeping with you. Sex doesnt fix everything. You need to learn to accept the fact that I'm friends with a guy. I told you many different times that my heart belongs to you, why cant you get that"? I asked. He sat up, letting go of my purse and leaned over the desk, inches away from my lips.

"You're mine, do you understand that. You are mine and only mine". He said and placed his lips to mine, biting lightly on my bottom lip. The taste of iron made my stomach churn and I pulled away.

"Nice, thanks". I pushed past him and walking out of my room, Alex right behind me. He grabbed my bag again to stop me.

"Did you just walk away from me? We were talking"? He hissed, now standing in front of me.

"Yeah I did, an we werent talking. You started biting me Jeffery Dahmer. I'll see you later for dinner, and only dinner". And with that I walked down the school hallway and out the door.

I made it to my car. Placing everything in the backseat. I shut the door, only to learn against it. Why was this so tough. I love Alex with every inch of my being, what made it so difficult to think about it. It took me four years to understand how controlling he was. Four long years to finally understand that he wasnt who he said he was, but I keep going back. With a sigh I opened the door and got into the car, dreading the silent ride home with my thoughts.

**
*

Friday came faster then I expected. The dinner with Alex last night sucked like usual. We argued and he complained over everything I said. I had enough and left only to get the "I'm sorry" text on the car ride home. As for tonight I had told Alex I wasnt going to be home. I told him I was stopping at Mike's to drop off some coolers, but honestly I just needed time to myself. As i pulled into the driveway I saw that my mom was loading things into her car.

"Plans tonight"? I asked slinging my laptop bag over my shoulder.

"I'm going with Sarah this weekend to help her house sit". She smiled.

I giggled at her response, not seeing her actually house sitting, other then having a few drinks and passing out. I nodded and walked in the door only stopping when I heard my phone.

"Hey Mike".

"Hey you busy tonight"? He asked.

I looked around the empty house and sighed into the phone. Did I have plans?

"Ah, no. What's up"?

He was talking to someone on his end of the call then brought his attention back to me. "I'm throwing a little party tonight. We dropped the kids off at Haleys sisters. Wanna stop by"? He asked.

I took another glance around the house before putting my ear back to the phone. "Um, sure. Yeah I'll stop". I gave in.

"Great okay, you can stop around eight". And with that he hung up the phone.

I set my bag down and walked into the bathroom. I had an hour to get ready. I turned on the shower, stripping myself of the work clothes. Once the water was at the perfect temperature I stepped in, letting the hot water wash all of my stress away. I grabbed my coconut shampoo, dabbing a bit into my hands then lathering it onto my scalp. After the soap left my hair I pressed my forehead against the tiled wall. Things were getting bad again. My mind was at a constant run around. Everything with Alex, then not seeing my friend Katie as much anymore it's like I have nobody. I was bored. I needed excitement. Something real. With a deep breath i placed my face under the water, cleaning off the makeup. I grabbed my body wash, making sure to get everything cleaned. After I rinsed off, I grabbed my towel over the shower and shutting off the water. I dont even think I have anything to wear. I'm definitely not showing up in sweats. After I dried off I slipped my legs into my matching bra and underwear. Feeling the warmth of it as it covered my exposed areas. I wiped the fogged mirror and grabbed my brush, untangling all the knots. Now I just need to find something to wear.

**
*

She was short with me and I wasnt sure why. She claims to her family and friends it's not my Affable character I bring. Maybe listening to her thoughts is a bad idea. But on the other hand it's interestingly delicious to hear.

"Anything on the Karters yet"? My buddy Niall asked.

I shook my head, shutting my laptop. I cant figure out why my father has such a fascinating mindset on them. They are just normal people.

"Nothing yet. Soon though". I spoke and slowly sat up. "Anything from my father yet"? I added.

Niall shook his head and grabbed the laptop for himself. "No, nothing yet".

I sighed, walking off to grab my coat. I guess I'm going to see her again at Mikes party.