twenty

Austin POV

I clenched the phone in my hands waiting for the call back. Liam sucked at time frames. When I left Lani's she was getting ready for work tomorrow. I'd be lying if I said I didnt enjoy our talk. I felt like it was a big deal since I practically eat her face off every chance I get. I just didn't understand why she felt so 'safe' with me. I was a monster. Blood bound to the devil himself. That's something I cant give away. The sound of vibrations startled me and I picked up the phone.

"You had thirty minutes, why the hell are you late now"? Liam spoke.

"I'm on my way douchebag. What did I end up missing"? I asked pulling off on the highway.

"He took the guns with no problem, but he wants us to meet him halfway. Liam said.

I sighed. "What does he mean halfway, I either get blood now or I'm going back to Alana". I stated Smirking to myself about the blood comment, But getting that thought out of my mind quick.

"Meaning New York way. He wants us there by Saturday at the latest" Liam sighed.

"How are we supposed to run the office, get the guns, get on a plane all before Saturday, not mentioning that if Alana finds anything out she'll leave and get hurt"? I questioned. Slightly annoyed.

"You're smart. Figure it out. I'm not allowed to do anything other then get the guns to him boss". Liam sighed.

I hung up the phone and threw it to the floor of the car. I need to tell Mike hes going no matter what, but what about Lani? I dont think mentioning another vacation will sit right. I need to figure something out and soon.

**
*

I pulled up to Liams house, the snow coming down harder

I pulled up to Liams house, the snow coming down harder. I didnt want to be out this late. I needed to go see Lani. Her thoughts could be heard miles away, she was thinking of me again.The only reason I listened was to always make sure she was safe and if that meant keeping what I do a secret then so be it. I noticed Liam standing outside, waving his hand for me to come in. I shut the car off, got out and ran to the door. Once inside I nodded in the direction of my friend Niall. He was watching TV, eating what looked like nachos. Liam handed me a blood bag, making my senses heightened. I needed that.

"I got the cash, do you want your half now"? Liam asked waving a stack of cash in the air. The other bits of cash on the couch. He took a sip of his bag and sat down.

I shook my head and made my way over to the couch, checking my phone to see if Alana would call. She was debating it. Right now she has the phone placed on her bed, pacing back forth. I really wish she left the questions alone.