twenty-two

Austin left around five this morning. We didnt want to risk my mom finding us. After my shower I had went down for breakfast. My mom was on the phone like always with Sarah so I sat down and grabbed a plate infront of me.

"Yeah, I can leave as soon as possible. Dont worry about it" my mom spoke into the phone.

"What happened"? I asked.

"Sarah's sister is in the hospital. I. Going to meet Sarah there". She spoke.

As she frantically ran through the house she grabbed her keys and walked out. The only sound was the clock in the kitchen.

"Yeah no". I said and took my plate with me to the living room. There, I sat down and turned on the television.

Over thirty pounds of blood bags were stolen from one of the infirmarys of St. Joseph's hospital last night. Men showed weapons as they raided the place, taking needles, bags themselves and some pain medication. Only a week after ammo was stolen from Gerrys gun shack outside of town. Lookouts are advised, to bring those tubes back to give to those in need.

I shook my head and flipped though the channels. Some people really dont think do they? Who wants thirty pounds of blood? Once I found a movie I liked and cuddled down into the blanket. I wasnt in the mood for anything and I was working tomorrow. Today was a 'me' day. I groaned when I heard my phone go off in my purse. I paused the movie and got up. Alex was calling me but instead of declining it I shut my phone off completely. I walked back to the couch and cuddled up I to the blanket.

"Alana Rose"? I heard a female voice, it was Katie.

"In here". I yelled.

She walked into the room and slapped her hands against her thighs. "Lani what are you doing"? She asked.

"Self-loathing, eating, crying. You know, the normal". I said and flipped the channel.

Katie walked over to me and sat down by my feet. She pulled my legs so they were both on her lap. He phone turned on to see a picture of us as the main screen. That's the one we took in Miami. We took the same one multiple times but we both agreed on that one.

 We took the same one multiple times but we both agreed on that one

"I thought we could have a girls day, like go shopping, eat". She offered and I shook my head.

"Not really feeling it today babe, sorry". I apologized.

"Dont, its completely understandable. No Austin today"? She questioned.

I shook my head and sat up. I guess this is any good time to talk about him.