I. The Zoo

|| WARNING(S) - CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT ||

"...up! ...et up!! Get up!!!" A shrill voice commands causing my ears ring slightly from the sudden noise. The violent knocking on the old wooden door making me groan slightly in annoyance as I curl up into a ball, still half asleep. The door then unlocks right after the yellow-hued lights shine through the grate on the door.

I yawn quietly as I open my eyes and glance next to me to see my twin brother had his eyes open as well, he glances at me before using his arms to prop himself up and turn to lights on.

I flatten my h/c hair so it's not a complete mess. My hair had originally been the same as Harry's but I dyed it h/c and for some reason the hair color never faded out, kind of like magic or something.

"Now!" Demands the voice which I now recognize as our lovely aunt, Petunia Evans Dursley.

Harry grabs his glasses tiredly and puts them on, I then hear heavy footsteps running over to the creaky wood stairs.

The footsteps reach right above where we are before the person— probably Dudley— starts jumping up and down.

"Wake up potters! I'm going to the zoo!!" Dudley screams as the dust from the stairs falls on our heads.

Once I hear the footsteps finish running down the stairs, me and Harry get up, opening the door only to get shoved back in by Dudley pushing us, then kicking the door shut.

I roll my eyes before getting up again, rubbing the back of my head slightly because I had been pushed right against the wall which caused a bruise to probably form on my head.

I follow Harry out before lazily shutting the door behind me. My heterochromia eyes sparkling with annoyance clear in them. (One of my eyes was green, the same as Harry's, and the other was e/c.)

I dust off the oversized black men's t-shirt and off-white sweatpants before walking into the room with Harry.

Vernon was sitting in a chair by the table as Dudley was being pampered by Petunia.

"Harry just go make breakfast and y/n go fix up my garden," Petunia explains strictly while glaring at the two of us. "And try not to burn or ruin anything." She spat as if she was talking to filth itself.

I nod numbly with one last glance at Harry before going outside.

I walk over to the bushes on the side as I hear quiet hissing coming from there.

I smile slightly as I think back to the day I had met the sarcastic snake.

*Stupid humans...* I hear a voice hiss as I pause glancing around, trying to find wherever the voice came from.

Eventually my eyes land on the bushes as I  notice a small night black snake peaking out of the bushes as it continues to mutter under their breath.

*Hello? Who are you?* I ask the snake as the snake pauses, looking directly at me as it slithers out from behind the bushes. I hadn't even noticed the switch of languages.

*A speaker?* The snake asks as I tilt my head in confusion on what the snake meant. *Ive never met a speaker before! In the nest they would always tell stories about speakers!*

*Speaker...? What's that?* I ask as the snake seems to laugh (though it comes out more of a string of hisses).

*You speak in the language of snakes, parseltongue!* she explains as I look at her confused,, kneeling down onto the ground.

*Parseltongue?* I repeat as the snake nods furiously.

*Yep yep yep! So this can only mean...* she trails off as I tilt my head, mean what?