LXX. Golden Egg

"You both told me you had figured the egg out weeks ago!" Hermione snaps as I laugh nervously. "The task is two days from now!"

"Really? I had no idea, thanks for telling me." I remark sarcastically as Hermione sighs.

"I suppose viktor's figured it out..." Harry mutters as Hermione shakes her head.

"Wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being." She explains as I snicker.

Hermione rolls her eyes with a grin as she laughs slightly. "I just mean, he's not particularly loquacious. Mostly, he watches me study. It's a bit annoying, actually...." Hermione mutters with a grin.

"You both are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?" Hermione asks as harry raises an eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry questions as Hermione sighs, shaking her head.

"It just means these tasks are designed to test you, in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel." Hermione explains as Harry glances away from her.

"And, um... I'm scared for you both." She explains as Harry sighs. "Y/n got by the dragon because she was lucky and you Harry got by because of nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Hey, y/n, potter." I what Cedric say as I turn towards him, Harry sighs as he starts to walk away.

"Potter! Y/n!" Cedric repeats as Harry pauses.

"Cedric." Harry mutters as Cedric looks at him boredly.

"How... how are you?" Cedric asks as he glances inbetween us.

"Spectacular." Harry answers monotonously as Cedric looks at him blankly.

"Look, I realize I never really thanked you two properly for tipping me off about those dragons..." cedric mutters as Harry shakes his head.

"Forget about it. Im sure you would have done the same for us." Harry says as he goes to walk away but was stopped by Cedric.

"Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" He asks as Harry looks at him confused but slowly nods.

"It's not a bad place for a bath." Cedric mutters to us as I raise an eyebrow at the boy. "Just take your egg and... mull things over in the hot water."

Cedric then walks off as I grin in amusement.

———

We turn the water on as Harry wraps a towel around his waist and gets in, I decided to just wear an extra bathing suit I  had since I had already taken a shower today.

I slowly get in as i stare boredly at the egg, wondering what to do as a thought crosses my mind.

"I must be out of my mind.." Harry mutters before opening the egg again, letting a loud screech fill the room as he quickly closes it.

I hear a toilet stall open as I glance towards the stall to see Myrtle.

"I'd try putting it in the water, if I were you."  She says in a playful voice as I smile at the ghost.

"Myrtle." I greet as she grins at me.

"Hello y/n, and harry!" She exclaims as she waves. "Long time no see!"

She giggles as she flies out of the stall and lands over towards the mermaid stained glass.

"I was circling a blocked drain the other drain and could swear I saw a bit of poly juice potion! Not being a bad girl again, are you y/n? " She asks as Harry looks at her confused.

"Poly juice potion?" He asks as Myrtle giggles and nods.

"Myrtle, did you say, try putting it in the water?" I ask as I grab my egg, Myrtle squeals as she dives into the bath.

"Oh, that's what he did! The other boy! Mhm! The handsome one! Cedric." She explains as she floats towards me and Harry quickly grab our eggs.

"Well, go on! Open it!" She says excitedly as I open the egg underwater and nothing happens, I dive under as a voice enters my ears.

"Come seek us where our voices sound we cannot sing above the ground...~ an hour long you'll have to look~ to recover what we took..~" the voice sings as Harry and I quickly go back above water, coughing.

"Myrtle..." harry stops as she hums in acknowledgement, looking over at him.

"There aren't merpeople in the black lake, are there?" Harry asks as mryrtle giggles.

"Ooh!~ very good. It took cedric ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone." She says as she nears closer and closer to Harry as he backs away.

She then fake growls mocking as he flinches and moves away even more. She giggles As she leans her head on my chest.