LXXXVIII. The Vision & Occlumency

"Expelliarmus!" Cho casts as nothing happens making her sigh.

I walk past her with nothing but a glance in her direction as I stop next to neville.

"Expelliarmus!" He exclaims as the wand flies out of Parvati's hand.

He gasps as a couple people turn towards neville.

"Fantastic, neville!" I congratulate as people crowd around neville, asking him how he did it and what not.

"Now, we're not going to be meeting again until after the holidays." Harry exclaims as we stand in the front of the room along with Hermione.

"So just keep practicing on your own as best as you can!" I add on as Harry nods.

"And... and we'll done, everyone. Great, great work!" Harry congratulats as they all start to applaud.

"Have a great Yule!" I exclaim before casting a wordless spell to create snowflakes which fall down on the students.

———

A burmese python slithers down the black brick halls of the ministry.

"Voldemort may be after something, something he didn't have last time..." sirius's voice echos as the snake approaches a blue door.

A red-haired man walks down a corridor full of glass orbs, a lumos emiting from his wand which he holds infront of him.

"Potters..." a familiar voice whispers as the red head— Arthur Weasley— turns towards the snake.

He looks down with wide eyes before the snake bites his ankle, causing him to fall down.

His wand slides across the floor as he stares in shock before gasping in pain once the snake bites him again and again.

His body becomes bloody as the snake bites him one final time...

———

I gasp as I wake up panting, I look around panicky before quickly getting my invisibility cloak on and rushing to the Gryffindors common room.

Just as I was about to open the door, the door opens as Harry comes rushing out, bumping into me as i stager back.

"Harry!" I whisper yell as he looks at me, clearly panicked.

"Did you have the same dream too?" He asks hurriedly as I nod. "We've got to tell someone."

———

"In the dream, were you two standing next to the victim? Or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore asks as mcgonagall stands behind us, the Weasley children standing off to the side.

"Neither." Harry answers as he looks at dumbledore, "it was like we..."

"Professor would you please just tell me what's happening?" Harry interrupts himself as dumbledore turns around, facing us with his eyes twinkling.

"Everhardt, arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people." Dumbledore instructs the painting who nods, standing up and walking off.

"Phineas, you must go to your portrait at grimmauld place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by port key." Dumbledore instructs the other painting.

"They got him Albus! It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the dark lord failed to acquire it." Everhardt exclaims as dumbledore sighs in relief.

"Ah, thank goodness." Dumbeldore mutters as I sigh.

"Now, can you explain what the fuck is happening to us?!" I snap at the man as he faces us.

"...You wished to see me, headmaster?" I hear the familiar voice of snape say as I glance at him.

"Severus, I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable."

———

"It appears there is a connection between the dark lords mind and both of yours. Wether he is as yet aware of this connection is, for the moment, unclear. Pray he remains ignorant." Snape says as I glance at Harry.

"So you mean, if he knows about it, then... he'll be able to read our minds?" Harry asks as snape nods curtly.

"Read it, control it, unhinge it. In the past, it was often the dark lords amusement to invade the minds of his victims, creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony, only when he had them litterally begging for death, would he finally kill them. Used properly, the power of occlumency will help shield you from access or influence." Snape warns as I refrain the urge to roll my eyes at the potion professors dramatics.

"In these lessons, I will attempt to read your mind. You will attempt to stop me. Prepare yourself." Snape warns with a stern glare at us.

"Legilimens!" He casts towards me as the visions of everything that has happened, including the ones with Tom play through my eyes, he pauses as I grin nervously.

"Listen, I can explain—-" I try to defend myself but was cut off by Snape.

"Miss potter you will tell me why you haven't reported having an important object which belongs to the dark lord to dumbledore yet and why you are helping return the rest of his soul to him." Snape commands as I scoff.

"Make an unbreakable vow, then I'll tell you." I refuse as Snape glares at me.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because if I wished it, I could get you permanently banned from hogwarts! Since I have the title of lady ravenclaw, Harry here is lord ravenclaw, and Tom is technically heir Slytherin since he can't claimed his lordship yet, we can get you banned from the grounds just by asking hogwarts too!" I explain gleefully as he pauses.

He seems to be thinking about his options before he nods slowly, "I'll warn you now, if this is any type of trick—"

"It's not! Calm down." I taunt the potion professor who grits his teeth, glaring at me.

"Fine." He mutters before taking the unbreakable vow.

I grin before explaining the entire situation to him, leaving out a couple details.

"Just remember, Tom may not be as insane as he was before, but he still wouldn't hesitate to kill you if you make one wrong move!" I exclaim before dragging Harry out of the room.