LXXIV. The Third Task - The Maze

The champions walk out as the rather annoying music fills my ears. I glance at Draco to seem nyx wrapped around his neck, Hermione petting the snake.

I had left nyx in 'mione and Draco's care as I wasn't allowed to bring her with me.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells as the music quiets down. "Earlier today, Professor moody placed the triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as mr. Diggory..." dumbledore truals off as the the crowd cheers.

"And miss Potter..." dumbledore pauses again as the crowd cheers equally as loud.

"Are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by mr. Krum..." dumbledore pauses yet again as the crowd cheers.

"Then mr potter..." dumbledore pauses as the crowd cheers (just not as loud).

"And finally, miss delacour." Dumbledore states as moody emerges from the bushes, walking over to me.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" Dumbledore announces S the crowd cheers. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands."

"Contestants! Gather around." Dumbledore yells as he turns towards us, walking over.

"Quickly!" He instructs as he puts his hands around our shoulders.

"In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary. You could just lose yourselves along the way." Dumbledore explains as we nod before walking off again.

"Champions, prepare yourselves!" Dumbledore announces as fleur walks towards me.

"Je te souhaite bonne chance, petite soeur." Fleur says to me as I smile at her, hugging her tightly before he walks off.

[TRANSLATION;; "I wish you the best of luck, little sister."]

I walk over next to moody I watch Cedric hug his father, I grin at me as he smiles before nodding and walking towards his entrance of the maze.

"Remember kid, you can always not grab cup. The cup is a port key directly to Voldemort, you have the diary, right?" Moody whispers to me as I nod. "Be careful..."

"On the count of three. One—-" dunbledore gets cut off as the canon fires, me and Cedric immediately walk in the maze.

———

I walk along the foggy maze as I glance around, making sure to be alert fo my situation as I grip my wand in my hand.

I walk around quickly to make sure to not be cut off.

I flinch as I hear a clattering noise behind me, pausing as I point my wand towards it before turning back.

I hear distant sobbing before a scream which I recognize as fleur. I look over worriedly as I run towards the direction.

I run over as I run into Harry, we share a glance before we hide behind a bush, hearing footsteps.

Krum walks out as I notice his white eyes, he points his wand directly at us before walking away.

I ru. Towards the direction in which he came form along with Harry as I turn the corner, seeing a body being dragged into the bushes.

I gasp as I pull try to save fleur, only to fail as she gets pulled into the bushes.

Harry casts a firework spell upwards as i send one last glance towards fleur direction before being forced to run off as the wind howls.

I notice a glowing blue as me and Harry run towards it, only to stop as krum points his wand at us, yelling.

"Get down!" I hear Cedric yell as I drag Harry down, avoiding the spell krum casts.

"Expelliarmus!" Cedric yells as krum falls over. Cedric runs towards krum, kicking the wand out of his hand.

Cedric goes to cast another spell at the unconscious krum but was stopped by Harry.

"Stop! He's bewitched, Cedric!" Harry yells as I pause, glancing inbetween the two as Cedric pushes Harry into the bushes.

"Get off me!" Cedric snaps at the boy before running off at the direction of the cup, Harry chasing him.

I sigh, shaking my head before sprinting after the two.

"Yes." Harry says as the two run towards the cup, vines tripping them as Cedric falls.

Harry pauses as I quickly run over the vines to cut them, Harry runs towards him as me and Harry both drag Cedric out from the vines.

We allpant heavily as Cedric coughs.

"Tha... thanks." Cedric thanks as i snicker at the sudden change of attitude.

"No problem." Harry mutters as Cedric laughs slightly.

"You know, for a moment there, I thought you were— you were gonna let it get me." Cedric explains as Harry pauses.

"For a moment, so did i." Harry says, seemingly surprised with his own thoughts.

"Some game, huh?" Cedric laughs dryly as I nod.

"Some game." I repeat as he grins in amusement.

The wind howls as the bushes start to merge.

"Go!" Cedric yells as he drags me and Harry towards the cup.

"Go on take it!" Cedric yells at the two of us.

"You two saved me, take it!!" Cedric demands as we look back at the bushes nervously.

"Together! One, two..." Harry trails off as all three of us grab the cup.

"Three!!"