XCIV. Healing

I wander the dimly lit corridor before I abruptly pause at the feeling of nyx jabbing her tail at my face.

*what?* I question the snake as she curls down around my arm.

*I hear crying... aswell as the scent of blood.* nyx explains as I quickly nod, letting the snake instruct me on where to go.

I walk over to where nyx said as I see a hufflepuff first year crying, clutching their hand as they try to silence their cries. They were curled into themselves as they leaned against a wall.

I walk towards them as they look up, clearly panicked. I pause as I kneel down across from them.

"It's okay... it'll be okay..." I whisper to the first year as they continue to cry but their sobs slowly fade.

"P-Professor umbridge... s-she...!" The first year sobs as I rub their back soothingly.

"It's alright... I'd you want me to heal your hand for you? It probably won't do much to the scar itself but it should ease the pain until you get madam pomfrey to heal you." I explain to the first year as they meekly nod.

I point my wand at their hand and mutter the incantation to the spell as the writing fades but doesn't completely disappear.

"Does it feel better now?" I ask, concerned for the first year as they glance at me.

"Thank you..." they murmur as I smile, nodding at them.

Suddenly, the sound of heels clicking on the floor as I quickly put my wand away.

Umbridge rounds the corner as she smiles that sickeningly sweet fake smile at me, glancing at the student who had moved closer to me in fear.

"As I told you once before, miss potter, naughty children deserve to be punished." Umbridge says before turning around and walking off.

"It's alright... she won't be here very long, after that, you won't have to worry about anyone using those quills on you ever again." I comfort the first year as they look at me with tears threatening to spill their eyes.

"How do you know...? What if she returns...?"

I laugh quietly as I glance down at the child in a comforting way. "The rumors about a certain someone cursing the DADA position, is most certainly true."

Their eyes widen as I wink at them before standing up, offering my hand to the younger student.

"Want me to lead you back to your dorm?" I ask as they nod, quickly walking next to me as I smile at a the student.

I lead them all the way back to their dorm with no issue as they unlock the common room after knocking on some barrels in a tune that sounds vaguely familiar.

I wave at them as I go to leave but pause, glancing back. "You can come to me anytime you need, alright?"

The student nods as they rush into their dorm as I smile slightly before turning around and going to walk away.