LXXI. The Second Task - Lake

Basically...

Fleur: oh, I have to breathe underwater for an hour? Better get myself a bubble of air!

Cedric: yeah, bubble charm seems like best solution.

Harry: see I didn't think of that but I do have this handy plant.

Everyone: what about you viktor?

Viktor: IM GONNA BE A FUCKING SHARK

———

Hermione tries to help me and Harry out with the riddle as I sigh in annoyance.

"Hate to break up the skull session. Professor Mcgonagall would like to see you." I hear a voice say as I glance up and see moody.

I sigh as I go to get up but was stopped by moody.

"Not you potters, just granger." Moody says as I sit back down.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away—" Hermione gets cut off by moody unamused voice.

"Exactly. Presumably potter is well-prepared by now and could do with a good nights sleep. Go." Moody demands as she sighs but walks off.

Moody watches us before turning towards where neville was. "Longbottom! Why don't you help the potters put their books back."

I shove my books off into a random shelf as I walk after to where moody went.

He glares back at me but allows me to follow him to his office before the poly juice potion quickly wears off.

"Well? Need anything?" He asks as I roll my eyes.

"I need to know how the fuck to breath underwater for half an hour." I state as Barty rolls his eyes.

"Well I had planned to set it up so you and potter could get the gillyweed from longbottom but since you followed me instead, I suppose you can just use the bubble-head charm." He explains as I grin and nod.

———

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These five treasures one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win. Each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough." Dumbledore announces as I glance around, every champion was wearing something that you can swim in.

I wore a simple black two piece with nothing special on it.

"They will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only." Dumbledore says as I wave to a couple people who had been calling to me with a small grin.

"After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the sound of the cannon." Dumbledore announces as soon after the canon goes off, I jump in with the rest as the champions as I notice Harry hadn't came down yet.

I pause but continue to swim as I look through the sea grass.

I swim down to the bottom, following the fish as I make my way through the sticker sawgrass.

I hear voices singing as I look around in confusion but quickly continue to swim as the singing continues, I notice a noise behind me as I glance around and see no one and a pause but continue.

A creature quickly zooms past me as I glare at it.

Once I make it to what seemed to be an abandoned ruin, I notice five bodies tied up.

Luna, Draco, Hermione, Cho, and a little girl which looks a lot like fleur.

I pause as Harry swims in, glancing at me with a slightly embarrassed blush before breaking Draco's restraints.

I notice Cedric swims over, casting a spell and breaking Cho's restraints and dragging her up.

I use the spell on luna's restraints as I go to free Hermione but was stopped when they pointed their spears at my neck.

"Only one!" They hiss before looking past me and shrieking, swimming away.

What seems to be a shark swims over until it zooms past us, revealing a half-transfigured krum.

Krum swims with Hermione up to the surface as Harry hesitates before dragging Draco up to the surface.

I pause as I go to get Luna but glance over at the blonde girl.

I grit my teeth before casting the spell at the girls restraints, quickly dragging her and Luna up.

Suddenly, squid-like thinks grabs at my ankles and pull me down. I push Luna and the girl up to the surface as I get dragged down, creating cuts over my skin before I quickly cast a spell to get them off.

I swim up as I gasp for air, letting people pull me onto the deck.

"You... saved her..." fleur says to me as I get wrapped in a soft blue towel. She kneels down infront of me before continuing, "Even though she wasn't yours to save...!"

"My little sister. Thank you!!" She says as she kisses me on both my cheeks before smiling at me and walking off with her sister.

"Y/n!!!" Hermione yells as she runs over to me, almost knocking me over. "Are you alright?! You must be freezing!"

"Personally, I think you behaved admirably." Hermione says as I sigh, shaking my head.

"I finished last, 'mione." I state before Hermione rolls her eyes and kisses me on my forehead.

"Next to last!! Fleur never got past the grindylows!" Hermione explains as people chant krum and Cedric's name, and occasionally (and shockingly) mine.

"Attention!" Dumbledore yells as it quiets down, all eyes on him. "The winner is... mr. Diggory!!"

Everyone cheers as I clap for the male. "...Who showed innate command of the bubble-head charm. However! Seeing as miss potter would have finished first, had it not been for her determination to rescue not only miss lovegood, but the others as well. We've agreed to award her second place!!"

Cedric and many others cheer for me as I grin proudly.

———

"Congratulations, potter. Fine achievement." Crouch says as I look blankly at the man as I simply nod curtly.

He leads me off to another place as I look at the man suspiciously before deciding to say nothing.

"Well done, girl. I'm sorry we haven't spoken. After all, your story is one I've heard so many times. Quite remarkable, really." he compliments as I roll my eyes.

"Tragic, of course... to lose one's family. Never whole again, are we?" He asks as I raise an eyebrow at the man.

"Didnt you send your own son to Azkaban?" I question as his eyes widen, not thinking i would know that.

"W-well.." he trails off as moody walks towards us.

"Bartemius." Moody satiates as crouch turns towards him.

"Not trying to lure potter into one of the ministry's summer internships, are we?" Moody questions as he leans against his staff. "The last kid who went into the department of mysteries never came out!"

Crouch walks towards him as he glares at him, crouch walks away with a wide-eyed expression.

"And they say I'm mad!" Moody snaps as he drinks more poly juice potion before walking off.