XXV. Chamber Of Secrets

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets." Mcgonagall explains as Draco looks as her unamused.

"Like so." She says before pointing her wand at the parrot.

"One, two, three, Vera verto." She says as the parrot turns into a goblet of water.

"Woah!" Ron gasps as I stare off to the side, nyx had being quite litterally forcing Draco to pet her as i resists the urge to laugh.

Nyx then hisses at him happily before wrapping herself around my neck.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" Mcgonagall asks as she glances around before walking towards Ron.

"Ah, me Weasley, one, two, three." She repeats as Ron nods.

"Ahem. Vera verto!" Ron says as the rat turns into a half-rat, half-cup thing.

I grin in amusement before hermiones hand shot up.

"Yes, miss granger?" mcgonagall asks as Hermione puts her hand down calmly.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell her about the chamber of secrets?" Hermione questions as mcgonagall sighs as hesitantly nods.

"Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago. By the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin." She says the last name boredly before continuing.

"Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not..." Minerva  explains.

"Three guesses who..." Ron says as I quickly summon a paper airplane and throw it at him as he glares at me.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about students admitted to hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families, in other words, pure-bloods. Unable to sway the others he decides to leave the school." She quickly explains as Draco glances at me briefly.

"Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the chamber of secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherins view, were unworthy to study magic." Mcgonagall explains as Hermione glance at her sadly.

"Muggle-borns..." Hermione mutters at mcgonagall nods.

"Well, naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found." Mcgonagall finishes as I resist the urge to laugh.

"Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?" Hermione questions as mcgonagall turns toward her.

"The chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home... of a monster." Mcgonagall answers as nyx hisses at her annoyed, apparently the two had become fairly good friends.