LXXXV. Inheritance Test

"Harry?" I ask as he glance towards me, setting down the book he was reading.

We had been sitting in the library as my hands run across Nyx's scales.

"Mhm?"

"Er... well, Nyx had mentioned this earlier so I wanted your opinion on it..." i trail off as he tilts his head in confusion slightly.

"So, there's this thing at the gringotts you can get called an inheritance test, nyx suggested sneaking out to get one with you." I explain as Harry nods slowly in understanding.

"Hm... well it sounds like a good idea to me, when should we sneak out?" He inquires as I glance towards the window which showed the sun just setting.

"Sometime before the sun completely sets." I mutter as Harry nods, looking out the window aswell.

"What about right now?" He questions as I glance towards him before nodding.

"The professors wouldn't notice if we went through the whomping willow to the shrieking shack. From there we can go somewhere close to where the night bus would be." I explain as we both get up, nyx curling loosely around my shoulders as she lays half asleep.

"Well, let's go!"

———

I wave to the conductor of the bus before the bus speeds off.

Me and Harry walk around the corner and to the familiar old looking building. Once we open the door, the familiar scent of old wood and coffee fills my senses.

I glance around as I see the bartender, Tom I think his name was.

I drag Harry over to him as he glances at the two of us.

"We need to get into diagon alley." I state as he pauses, glancing at our scars before nodding briefly.

"Go right ahead." He murmurs before going back to polishing the glass he was holding.

We walk out the back door as I get out my wand before I pause, thinking back to the order hagrid hit the bricks the first time.

After a moment I try the same order I remember and after a second, they open to relabeling diagon alley which was slightly less busy given the fact it was night.

I hold onto Harry's hand in order to not get lost as we walk down the street to gringotts.

I glance up at the while building before walking in with Harry right next to me.

We walk over to the same goblin from before as he glances at us before going back to the paper he had as he mutters a "yes?"

"Er— we'd like to take inheritance tests." Harry explains as the goblin glances down at us (specifically our scars) before nodding.

"Very well, go in that room there, the goblin that takes care of the potter vault will be there." He drawls as he points at a room before going back to the paper.

Me and Harry walk over to the room as we knock, hearing an brief 'come in' before walking in.

"Yes?" The goblin asks, seemingly annoyed.

"We wanted to take inheritance tests." I answers as the goblin nods, taking two pieces of parchment and two short daggers.

"Cut your finger and let the blood drip onto the parchment." The goblin explains as we sit down in the chairs infront of the desk and cut our fingers, letting the crimson liquid slowly drip onto the parchment.

I glance down as words form on the parchment.

'Name: Y/n Lily Potter

Date of Birth: July 31st, 1980