XVII. Dobby

I sit boredly in the room me and Harry share as suddenly Hedwig starts making noise and biting at the cage.

"I can't let you out Hedwig, I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school." He explains sadly to the owl as Hedwig starts biting the lock in annoyance.

Embry simply glares daggers at the lock as if it would disappear if she glared hard enough.

"Besides, if Uncle Vernon—" Harry was cut off by Vernon yelling.

"Potters!" Vernon snaps as I roll my eyes and follow Harry downstairs.

"He's in there... Vernon." Petunia dismisses us as she was frosting a cake.

We walk over towards the living room as Vernon was fixing Dudley's suit.

"I'm warning you two, if you can't control those bloody birds, they'll have to go." Vernon says as I scowl at the man.

"But she's bored. If I could only let her out for... an hour or two!" Harry complains as Vernon laughs.

"So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No sir." Vernon scoffs as he fixes Dudley's bow.

"But I haven't had any messages from any of my friends. Not one. All summer..." Harry says as I can't help but snicker at his ignorance.

He doesn't get it does he? Someone or something is stopping the mail from being delivered to us.

"Who would want to be friends with either of you?" Dudley scoffs as he shoves through us.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised the both of you since you both were babies and given you both the food off our table, even let you two have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts." Vernon explains as I glare at the older man.

*What a bastard!* Nyx hisses as I nod in agreement, Dudley flinches at the snake's hissing noise but doesn't move.

I may or not have threatened the dursleys to let me keep nyx.

"Not now bobkins. It's for when the masons arrive!" Petunia says as she slaps Dudley's hand away from the cake.

"Which should be any minute!" Vernon exclaims as the other two Dursleys go to 'go over the schedule.'

"Now let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the masons arrive, you will be...?" Vernon questions as he points at her.

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." Petunia smiles as she gestures to what she's saying.

"And Dudley, you will be...?" Vernon questions as Dudley grins.

"I'll be waiting to open the door." Dudley answers as if he were some rich guy.

"Excellent!" Vernon gives him a thumbs up before his smile drops as he faces the two of us.

The three of them stand in front of us as they glared, disappointed in us.

"And you two?" Vernon raises an eyebrow as I sigh.

"We'll be in our room, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist." Harry says as I roll my eyes but nod.

"Too right, you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career and you will not mess it up." Vernon says as I grin at him, he flinches back and goes to say something but was cut off.

The doorbell rings as we go upstairs, only to find an elf laughing and jumping on our bed. When he notices us, he stops as his ears flop down.

"Harry and y/n potter... such an honor it is." The elf says as he bows, Harry quickly shuts the door.