LXII. Goblet Of Fire

I watch as people start to put their names in the goblet.

"Come on, Cedric!" I hear someone yell as I glance forward to see a grinning Cedric walking towards the goblet.

I clap as I grin at Cedric, walking towards him.

"Good luck." I say as he smiles, ruffling my hair before getting dragged off by other students.

"Yeah!!" I hear the twins cheer as they come running into the hall, a potion in their hands.

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred laughs as Hermione sighs, shaking her head.

"It's not going to work." Hermione explains in a singsong voice as the twins roll their eyes.

"Oh yeah?—"

"And why is that,—"

"Our dearest 'mione?"

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself, and as much as I hate to admit it, he is a powerful wizard." Hermione explains while pointing to the age line.

"So?" Fred asks as Hermione scoffs.

"So.. a powerful spell such as this couldnt possibly be fooled by a dodge pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion." Hermione explains as the twins laugh.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant." George corrects as Hermione sighs.

"Cause it's so pathetically dimwitted." Fred adds on with a grin before they stand up.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George!"

"Bottoms up!" They say simultaneously as they chug the aging potion and jump into the circle.

"Yes!!" They cheer as they stand there laughing.

They toss their names in as they start to cheer before suddenly the fire circles them and they get launched back, turning into old men.

They tackle eachother as they start fighting and arguing.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" The hall cheers as i grin in amusement before it suddenly goes silent when krum walks into the hall.

The students in the way clear a path as krum puts his name into the goblet.

———

Me, Draco, and mione sit at our usual spot at the Slytherin table. Hermione is on my right as Draco is on my left. Suddenly, someone walks over.

I glance over as I see the familiar ravenclaw, I let a small smile form on my face as she walks over to us with another person, neville.

"May I sit here?" She asks as Hermione and Draco turn towards her.

"Of course!" I answer as she smiles and slides in the seat across from me, neville sitting across from Hermione, right next to Luna.

"Luna lovegood and neville longbottom, right?" Hermione asks her as Luna nods, dazed as ever. Neville gives a short nod as he looks around nervously. "I'm Hermione granger, nice to meet you both."

Luna smiles at the older girl as they start to talk, neville pitching in every once and awhile.

I roll my eyes as the hall fills with more students.

I didn't notice the familiar blondish-brown hair walking towards us until he stood infront of the table.

I glance up as I finally notice Cedric, I smile at him.

"Can I sit here?" He asks as I nod, the Slytherins cast glares towards him and the other two.

"Of course." I say as he sits down across from Draco, to Luna's right.

"What are they doing here?" A random Slytherin, Alex, spits out at the two as I glare right back at him.

"Mind your own fucking business." I snap at the male, partly switching to parseltounge to scare him. It worked as he flinches and looks away.

"Hm, what a weird group of friends. Three snakes, a lion, a raven, and a badger." Hermione says in amusement as I snicker at the comment.

"Perhaps two more lions will join our group soon..." i mutter as I glance at the Gryffindor twins who were talking to eachother.

———

"Sit down, please." Dumbledore says as the students sit.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for: the champion selection!" He announces as the hall goes dim and he approaches the goblet.

The flames turn pink as a piece of paper flies out.

"The durmstrang champion is... viktor krum!" Dumbledore announces as I clap from the boy as he stands up and walks through the doors.

The goblets flames turn pink once again as another paper flies out, think time in shape of a flower with gold lining.

"The champion for beauxbatons... is fleur delacour!!" Dumbledore announces as the hall claps for the girl who stands up and walks into the door. I smile for the girl and clap aswell.

The goblets flames turns pink for what is presumed to be the final time as another paper flies out.

"The hogwarts champion... Cedric diggory!" Dumbledore announces at i cheer for the boy as he walked down towards the door. The hall cheered the loudest for him.

"Excellent!!" Dumbledore delcares as the hall goes silent. "We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this cease of victory..." dumbledore pauses as he turns around and points at a shining cup, "the triwizard cup!"

The students cheer as I clap for them before noticing the flame growing.

The hall goes silent as dumbledore walks towards the flame slowly. The flame turns pink as everyone stares in shock, two other papers flying out.