LXXXIX. Confessing The Truth To Sirius

Me and Harry at walk into the Christmas-decorated dining room at grimmauld place.

Im wearing black sweatpants along with a long sleeve oversized white shirt.

"Oh, Harry, y/n! There you are!" Mrs Weasley exclaims as she rushes over to us. "Happy Christmas."

I glance towards sirius who simply smiles at the tie of us.

I walk down the stairway with Harry as we walk into a room which seemed to have a family tree along the walls.

"Nasty brats standing there as bold as brass. The potter twins, the ones who stopped the dark lord, friend of mudbloods and blood traitors alike. If my poor mistress only knew—-" the house elf gets cut off by sirius.

"Kreacher! That's enough of your bite. Away with you!" Sirius calls the house elf.

"Of course master blood-traitor..." Kreacher mutters before walking off.

"Sorry 'bout that... he never was very pleasant, even when I was a boy." Sirius explains with a small laugh. "Not to me, anyway..."

"what? you grew— you grew up here?" Harry asks as I look at the family tree on the wall.

"This is my parents house. Dumbledore took it over for their little order though..." sirius mutters as he leans against the doorframe.

"This is the black family tree." He explains as he gestures towards the paintings on the wall walking towards where a painting of bellatrix lestrange, narcissa malfoy, and another girl who's painting and name was burned off the wall.

"My deranged cousins... I hated the lot of them. My parents with their pure-blood mania." Sirius says as he walks towards where his parents were on the tree.

"My mother did that after I ran away." Sirius explains as he points to where his name is except the picture itself is burnt. "Charming woman."

"I was sixteen.." he mutters as he seems to be lost in thought.

"Where did you go?" Harry asks as sirius turns towards us.

"Your fathers. I was always welcome at the potters. I see him so much in you, Harry. And I see so much of Lily in you, y/n. You both are so very much alike them." Sirius mutters as Harry looks down.

"I'm not so sure..." i mutter as sirius turns towards us. "When... when in second year, when Tom riddles diary appeared... and Harry destroyed it— he... he didn't actually destroy it... he.. he thought he did! But I... I set him up and changed his memories..! All so he wouldn't get rid of Tom..."

"Tom riddle? As in Voldemort?" Sirius mutters as I nod.

"And I've been... I've been helping him get the pieces of his soul back...! We— we almost got all the pieces we need for him to not be a memory anymore! Im... I'm helping him and I can't help but feel guilty about it! He's the past version of the man who killed my parents! What if— what if they would hate me for it?!" I rant as I run my hand through my hair stressfully.

"Y/n, no matter what choices you made, your parents would never hate you. They sacrificed their lives for you and I know they would never regret that." Sirius says as he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"And if you wish to continue helping him, I will support you all the way... just don't do anything too reckless." He grins at the last part as I roll my eyes with a small grin.