VIII. Classes

I sit next to Draco in McGonagall's class as she had taken the form of a cat while sitting on the desk, I was writing the paper as the doors suddenly opened.

Me and Draco glance back to see my brother and ron running in, once they think that McGonagall wasn't here they start talking.

"Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" They say as immediately after, McGonagall jumps off the desk and turns into a human as she walks in front of the two.

I resist the urge to snicker as Ron and Harry's jaw drops in disbelief.

"That was blood brilliant." Ron mutters as I roll my eyes.

"Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time." McGonagall sasses as I snicker quietly, Draco just grins though he made it pretty obvious he had wanted to laugh at the boys getting scolded as well.

"We got lost." Harry mumbles as I roll my eyes with a grin.

"Then perhaps a map?" Questions McGonagall sarcastically as the boys go quiet.

I wave my wand as Weasleys land turns into a map, mcgonagall pauses as she turns towards me as I grin.

"Twenty points to Slytherin for a flawless transfiguration." She says before turning towards the two boys with a glare, "now you two, take a seat."

Weasley glares at me as I snicker, watching as him and Harry take a seat infront of us.

———

I was sitting next to Draco on his left as I had the seat on the edge, Crabbe and Goyle were on his right. The professor, snape, wasn't here yet as we were talking quietly.

Nyx was sprawled out on the desk, seemingly talking to the... pipes? I'm not sure

The door slammed open as snape (dramatically) walked in.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving of silly incantations in this class." He says as he walks to the front, everyone straightens up given the fact they've heard that he was the most strict professor.

"As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making." He glares at everyone as they look around nervously.

"However, for those select few... who possess the predisposition..." he trails off as he looks at Draco, Draco grins smugly as I roll my eyes fondly.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." He explains as everyone glances around.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable. That you feel confident enough to not pay attention." Snape states as he directed that at Harry, I look back at him with an eyebrow raised as he puts the quill down.

Snape glares at him sternly as he walks forward.

"Mr. and Miss Potter, our new celebrities." Snape drawls venomously as I raise an eyebrow at the older man.

"Yeah, cause I enjoy the fame sooo much..." I mutter to Draco, clearly agitated by the professor's actions.

Draco looks at me apologetically before we focus back on snape.

"Mr. Potter, tell me, what would I get it if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks as Hermione excitedly raises her hand but snape ignores her.

Harry shakes his head as snape raises an eyebrow.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" He asks again as once again, Hermione raises her hand as high as she can. Harry shakes his head as snape glares.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" Snape questions for the last time as Harry looks down.

"I don't know, sir..." Harry mutters as snape resists the urge to roll his eyes.

"Pity. Well, can Miss ev— potter answer?" Snape asks, about to call me something else.

I raise an eyebrow but answer, "if you were to add powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood you would get a powerful sleep potion, also more commonly known as draught of living death."

Snape gestured for me to answer the final two as Draco grins at me proudly.

"A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat. As for the monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." I explain as snape raises an eyebrow but slowly nods.

"Seems that while Miss potter pays attention... Mr potter focuses on the fame... clearly, he's gotten ahead of himself." Is all snape says before turning away.

Weird... In flower language doesn't that mean I bitterly regret Lily's death?

Who's Lily...?

———

Me and Draco sit in the great hall as nyx is eating the rest of my food after I finished, though, had to stop her from eating any of the stuff that could hurt her.

"Where did you even learn that stuff from, y/n?" Draco questions as I go to answer but was stopped by the noise of owls coming in.

"Looks like mails here..." Draco mutters as I raise an eyebrow, suddenly a bunch of owls come in, dropping packages in front of people.

I had got nothing except a news report, I raise an eyebrow as I open it.

"Hey... Draco, look at this.." I mutter as I nudge him, he leans over my shoulder as I read aloud, "believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713,  had, in fact, been emptied earlier that very same day...."

I trail off, remembering that that was the fault Hagrid went in.

"How odd... that's the vault that Hagrid and I went to..." I whisper to myself as I glare down at the paper with suspicion.