LXVI. Dragons

"Amazing...!" Neville murmurs as he stands in the lake with me and harry leaning against the tree, me holding a book neville gave me. "Amazing..."

"Neville, you're doing it again." I state as neville pauses.

"Oh.. right, sorry..." neville apologies as I simply give him a soft and understanding smile— well, the best one I could anyway.

"Magical water plants of the highland lochs?" I mutter as I read the title of the book.

"Moody gave it to me! That- that day we had tea." Neville explains before waving at someone behind us.

I glance behind us to see lavander, Weasley, and another girl.

"Look, it's already been through enough people. Why don't you talk to him yourself? You're messing up the plan...!" Lavander whispers quite loudly to him as she scoffs. "Ronald, this is your problem, not mine! Ugh... What do you want me to say again?"

Ron whispers something to lavander as she sighs before walking up to Harry and I.

"Ronald would like me to tell you... both that seamus told him that dean was told by Parvati that Hagrids looking for you."  She explains with a glare towards me.

"Well, y—... what?" Harry asks in confusion as lavander pauses.

"Uh... Um..." she mutters before running back to Ron and whispering something.

"Dean was... told by parvati that... please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrids looking for you two." Lavander repeats, obviously annoyed.

"Well, you can tell Weasley—" harry starts as Lavander cuts him off.

"I'm not an owl!" Lavander finally snaps before dragging the girl off, Weasley follows behind.

———

"Did ye' bring your 'athers cloak, like I asked ya'?" Hagrid asks us as I nod.

"Yeah, I brought the cloak. Where are we going?" Harry asks as hagrid sighs.

"You'll see soon enough." Hagrid explains as I roll my eyes. "Now, pay attention. This is important."

"What's with the flower?" I ask as i quirk an eyebrow at the man.

"Hagrid, have you combed your hair?" Harry asks, bewildered.

"As a matter of fact, I have." Hagrid mutters as glances towards us. "You might like to try the same thing now and again."

We continue walking as we all pause when we hear the distant roaring of a dragon.

"Hagrid?" I hear Maxime ask as he walks forward before pausing and turning towards us.

"Th' cloak! Put th' cloak 'n!" Hagrid exclaims as Harry drapes the cloak over our bodies.

"Bonsoir, olympe." Hagrid green the tall women as we watch in mild disgust.

"Oh, hagrid. I thought perhaps you weren't coming. I thought perhaps... you had forgotten me." Maxime explains worriedly as she looks down at the man.

"I couldnt 'orget you, olympe." Hagrid says fondly as i fake gag in disgust.

"What did you want to show me? When we spoke earlier... you sounded so... exhilarated." Maxime explains as Hagrid looks up at the woman lovingly.

"You'll be glad ye' came. Trust me." Hagrid smiles as they walk off, me and Harry following close behind.

We hear a dragon roar as we watch the people try to contain five dragons.

"Là, c'est magnifique..." Maxime says as Hagrid smiles at the women.

"Can we get closer?" Maxime asks as I watch in shock and awe.

Men yell as the fires burns around.

"Dragons? That's the first task?!" Harry yells in confusion as Hagrid turns towards him. "You're joking."

"Come on, Harry. These are seriously misunderstood 'reatures." Hagrid says as a dragon turns towards us and breath fire, causing the bush infront of us to light aflame. "Although... I 'ave to admit, that horntail is a right nasty piece 'f work. Poor Ron 'early fainted just seeing him, you know."

Harry turns towards him in confusion. "Ron was here?"

"Oh, sure. His brother Charlie helped to bring him over from Romania." Hagrid explains before he pauses and turns towards us. "Didnt ron tell you that?"

Harry glares at nothing as he shakes his head. "No, no he didn't. He didn't tell me a thing."