XVI. End Of Year 1

"Another year, gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus— in fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. Second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house!" Dumbledore announces as everyone starts clapping.

The flags change to Slytherin as I grin over at Weasley and potter.

"Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done Slytherin. However! Recent events must be taken into account." Dumbledore says as I groan and roll my eyes.

"Of course, the bastard would do something like that..." I mutter to Malfoy as he nods in agreement as he glares at Dumbledore. "And I have a few last-minute points to award."

"To Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess, that Hogwarts has seen these many years, fifty points." Dumbledore says as everyone claps, except the Slytherin table who were clearly annoyed by the unfair favoritism.

"And second, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house ninety points." Everyone claps as I scowl at the old man.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" I hear a girl, lavander brown yell from the Gryffindor table.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!" Dumbledore says as the gryffindors cheer, most of the other houses staying quiet.

While most hufflepuffs and ravenclaws don't get along with us, they can atleast see the clear favoritism and don't agree with it.

"What a bastard..." I mutter as Draco and Hermione nod in agreement.

"I believe a change, is in order." Dumbledore says as he claps and the Slytherin flags fade to Gryffindor. "Gryffindor wins the house cup!"

Gryffindors cheer as they toss their hats in the air.

Draco scowls as he takes the hat off and throws it on the table as he glares at potter.

"At least you don't have to live with him all summer..." I mutter as I lay my head down on the table.

*Dumblewhore is stupid!* Nyx hisses as I chuckle and let her slither up so she Is around my neck.

———

"You two have to owl me over the summer!" Hermione demands us as Draco rolls his eyes playfully as I grin at the grin.

"Alright, alright, mother." I say sarcastically as she rolls her eyes and lightly hits me on the head.

"Well I best be going before my father shows up, I'll owl the both of you soon." Draco says with a wave as I hug him quickly before he walks off, leaving just me and Hermione.

"My parents will be here soon but promise me you'll try to owl me!" Hermione demands while putting both her hands on my shoulders.

"I'll try but you know how my aunt and uncle are..." i trail off as Hermione looks at me sadly before nodding.

"Then I'll just owl you! You can read them and tell me what you think once we get back to school!!" Hermione exclaims as I giggle at the idea and nod.

"Alright then, you should get going!" I say as she glances behind her before turning back to me and nodding.

"I'll see you next year then!" She says before kissing my forehead and running off.

"Well... now I just have to deal with the dursleys..."