VI. The Sorting

"It's true then, what they were saying on the train." A voice says as I glance behind me to see a blond boy who was leaning against a wall. "Harry and y/n potter has come to Hogwarts."

"Did you expect us to be in a muggle school to learn magic?" I ask while tilting my head, raising an eyebrow at the blond who was glaring at me.

"This is Crabbe, Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He introduces as Ron snickers at the name, causing Draco to look over and glare at him.

"Think my names funny do you? No need to ask for yours, red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." Draco says with a glare as Ron quiets down.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." Draco says as he glances at Ron. "I can help you there."

Draco holds his hand out as Harry looks at him.

"I think we can tell the wrong sort for ourselves, thanks," Harry denies the friendship offer as I roll my eyes.

"You're only speaking for yourself there harrykins, I've made it clear that the Weasley is an annoying piece of—" I stop as I turn back towards malfoy. "Anyways, I'd be fine with behind friends, Malfoy. Though... don't say things like that when you're trying to make friends, it'll scare em' off."

*I like the blonde one!* Nyx hisses making me snort at her sudden remark about the blonde.

I grin at him in amusement before shaking his hand and letting go. He smirks at my brother before realizing McGonagall is behind him and walking off.

"We're ready for you." She says as she leads us to a room where all the first years were lined up and the already sorted were sat down at the respective tables.

"Now, before we begin professor dumbledore would like to say a few words." McGonagall explains as she steps aside when dumbledore stands up.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Flich, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor, on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death, thank you." Dumbledore explains as the first years glance at each other nervously.

The hall was silent for a moment as everyone glanced around nervously before McGonagall speaks.

"When I call your name, you shall come forth, I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." She explains as I yawn at the boring introduction.

"Hermione granger!" McGonagall calls as she walks up, muttering to herself.

She sits down as the hat is placed on her head.

"Hm... right then... right okay.. are you sure?.. alright then... GRYFFINDOR!!" The hat calls as the tables clap, Gryffindor being the loudest considering they've gotten a new student.

"Draco Malfoy!" Is the next one to be called, he walks up there as he barely even sits down the hat calls Slytherin.

"There's never been a bad wizard who wasn't in Slytherin..." Ron mutters as I roll my eyes.

He realizes that we're fucking eleven right? How the hell are you going to manage to call a literal eleven-year-old a dark wizard just because of what house they were sorted into.

"Susan bones!" Is the next to be called as I zone out before I feel a pair of eyes boring into the side of my head.

I glance over and see a black-haired professor staring at me and Harry as my scar suddenly starts to hurt. Quirrell also had the back of his head facing us as I didn't notice.