XXIX. Parselmouth

"You're a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell me?!" I hear Ron complain to someone as Hermione and I stop suddenly.

Draco had gone off somewhere— something about finding an apple.

We pause as we peek over the corner to see Ron and Harry talking.

"I'm a what?" Harry questions as Ron's glare hardens.

"You can talk to snakes, so can your sister!" Ron shouts as Hermione and I share a glance.

"I know. I mean, y/n and I accidentally set a python on my cousin, dudley, at the zoo once. But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry says as I sigh and shake my head quietly.

"No, they can't mate! It's not a common gift, Harry! This is so bad!" Ron explains as Harry looks at him confused.

"What's bad? if y/n and I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin—" he gets cut off by Ron.

"Oh, that's what you said to it." Ron says in realization as Harry glares at him.

"You were there! You heard me!" Harry shouts as Ron glares back at Harry.

"I heard you speaking in parseltongue, Snake language." Ron explains briefly as Harry tenses up and backs away slightly.

"I spoke a different language...? But I didn't realize—... how can I speak a language without knowing I can?" Harry says as he glances off to the side.

"I don't know, mate! But it sounded like you were telling the snake to attack and y/n had to stop it!" Ron says as Harry looks down ashamed.

"Mate, listen to me! There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent!! Salazar Slytherin was a parselmouth!!! He could talk to snakes too! Now the whole school is going to think you two are his great-great-great grandkids or something!!" Ron explains as Harry's eyes widen.

"But we're not! We can't be..." Harry trails off as I stare blankly at the two.

"He lived a thousand years ago! for all we know, you very well could be!!" Ron exclaims as Harry looks at him blankly.

———

I walk up to the painting of Salazar Slytherin as he raises an eyebrow at me.

"And why are you here? Shouldn't you have class right about now?" He questions with a glare as I chuckle nervously.

"I should be but... I have a couple questions..." i mutter as I sit down and lean against the wall.

His glare softens slightly as he nods.

"Well kid, what do you want to know?" He asks as I sigh.

"Has the chamber of secrets ever been... opened before?" I ask as I glance at the painting.

His expression remains mostly emotionless as he slowly nods.

"Who opened it last time?" I question as he sighs and shakes his head.

"I don't remember these things, sorry kid, you could probably ask Dumbledore... or not. Actually, I doubt he would tell anyone even if he does know." He says as he glares at the wall as if Dumbledore wa standing there.

"I'd you know the reason why I can speak parseltongue?" I question as he quirks an eyebrow as I grin slowly forms on his face as he chuckles slightly.

"I knew it, I could sense Parselmagic when I first saw the new crowd of first years last year. Never would've thought it would've been a potter who knew Parselmagic!" He chuckles as I look at him confused.

"Parselmagic...?" I tilt my head in confusion as he just shakes his head with a light smile.

"Anyone who can speak fluent parseltongue, automatically has the ability to learn and use Parselmagic." He explains as I nod.

"Alright... so, why can I speak paeseltongue?" I question as he ponders for a moment before responding.

"I'm assuming that you may have part of a soul of someone who is apart of the Slytherin bloodline given the fact none of the other potters could speak parseltounge." He says as he glances at my scar.

"How would I have part of someone else's soul?" I ask in confusion as he sighs and shakes his head.

"I do truely doubt it was intentional, but it's very likely you may now be a Horcrux." Salazar explains as my eyes widen, I had read about Horcrux's and how you make them.

"Alright.. thanks..." I say in barley above a whisper as I stand up numbly before walking off.

———

I sit next to Draco as Mione sits across from us. Some people glare at me but were quick to glare Harry instead when nyx had hisses at them angrily.

I hear Harry sigh as he closes the book and walks off, everyone now staring at him.

"Alright, I'll be taking my leave aswell!" I say before grabbing my book at running off with nyx still around my neck.

*Blood. I want blood...* I hear eserine whisper as I slow down, I peak over the corner to see Harry leaning his ear against a wall as he listens to Eserine.

*They all must die.. kill, kill, kill! Time to kill...* Eserine hisses before he voice quieted down and it goes silent.

"You hear her too, I suppose?" I ask Harry as he filches and gets his wand out, pointing it at my neck as he realizes I was suddenly behind him.

"Y/n..." he mutters before putting his wand away.

I grin at him as I wave, he shakes his head as he walks around the corner with me following next to him.

The ghost and a student were petrified as I sigh as shake my head, Harry kneeled down next to the boy as I suddenly see Filch walking this way.

I walk over to Harry as I stare at him blankly.

"Caught in the act. I'll have you out this time, potter. Mark my words. And you... get back to class." He directs the last part towards me as I nod quickly and run back to class, leaving Harry behind.