LXV. Firecall With Sirius

A black owl with glowing yellow eyes flies in as me and Harry turn towards the animal, I quickly grab the note as I open it so Harry could read aswell.

'Dear Harry, y/n

I couldn't risk sending hedwig. Ever since the World Cup, the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls, and she's too easily recognized. We need to talk, y/n, Harry, face-to-face. Meet me in the gryffindor common room, one-o-clock this Saturday night. And make sure you both are alone.

-sirius'

I glance at Harry as he turns the paper over only to get bit by the owl and drop it, I grab the paper as I read what's on the back.

'P.S. the bird bites'

I laugh in amusement as Harry holds his finger to his mouth in pain, the blood drips down as he glares at the bird.

———

I approach the gryffindor Weasley twins with a grin as they glance at me.

"I've heard that you two," I pause as I glance at them to make sure they're listening before continuing. "Want to open a shop, I can help with that."

they glance at eachother before looking back at me. "What do you need?"

I let a grin form on my face as I look up at the two red-heads.

"I want to know what side you support in this war, with a truth spell applied." I explain as they tense up, glancing at eachother, seemingly having a wordless conversation.

"Alright,—"

"We'll do it—"

"On the condition—"

"That you tell us—"

"How you're—"

"Going to get—"

"The money."

The two explain as I nod with an innocent smile, one too innocent to be real.

"Of course! Just wait until the triwizard tournament is over, then I'll give you the money and you can tell me which side you support." I explain as they glance at eachother with a grin.

———

Me and Harry stay in the gryffindor common room as we glance around.

"Sirius?" Harry asks as nobody answers, we walk towards the couch as a copy of the daily prophet remains open, I grab it and read it aloud.

"Harry and y/n potter, ages twelve, suspects entrant in the triwizard tournament. Their eyes swimming either the ghosts of their pasts, while the female becomes violent and hostile, the male holds back tears—" I stop as Harry grabs the paper and throws it in the fire.

I chuckle as Harry's storms off, only to stop when the fire hisses.

I walk towards it along with Harry as I kneel down. Suddenly, Sirius's face appears in the fire.

"Sirius... how—?" Harry starts but gets cut off by sirius.

"I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Did you or did two you not put your name in the goblet of fire?" sirius asks as I shake my head.

"No!" Harry exclaims before sirius shushes him.

"Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You both mentioned wormtail and Voldemort— excellent drawing of them by the way y/n." Sirius compliments as I grin proudly.

"But who was the third man in the room?" Sirius asks as Harry sighs, kneeling down infront of the fire, kneeling next to me.

"I don't know.." Harry murmurs as I nod in agreement.

"You didn't hear a name?" Sirius asks as Harry shakes his head.

"Nope! But, Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important..." I explain as Sirius nods in acknowledgement.

"What was it?" Sirius asks as Harry inhales sharply.

"He wanted... us. I don't know why... but he was gonna use this man to get to us... but, I mean, it was only a dream, right?" Harry asks as Sirius glances at me before looking back at Harry.

"Yes, it's just a dream... look, y/n, Harry, the death eaters at the World Cup, your names rising from that goblet. These are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe anymore." Sirius explains as Harry looks at him with knitted eyebrows.

"What are you saying?" Harry asks as Sirius lets out a shaky sigh.

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor karkaroff? He was a death eater. And no one, no one stops being a death eater. Then there's Barry crouch... heart of stone. Sent his own son to Azkaban!" Sirius explains as suddenly I hear a door open nearby.

"Do you think one of them put our names in the goblet?" Harry asks as I feel a tang of guilt strike me for not telling him.

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet, Harry, y/n, but whoever did is no friend of yours. People die in this tournament." Sirius explains as Harry looks at him panicked.

"I'm not ready for this, Sirius!" Harry explains as i rest my hand on his in an attempt to comfort him.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice..." Sirius explains before I hear soft footsteps and glance behind us to see a shadow.

"Someone's coming...!" Harry whisper yells as Sirius nods.

"Keep your friends close!"

Me and Harry stand up as I notice the weasel walking down the stairs.

"Who were you both talking too? And why is... she... here?" He asks while glaring at me.

"What? Who says we were talking to anyone? Plus, she's my sister, she comes here all the time." Harry explains as Ron glares at him.

"I heard voices." Ron states as I roll my eyes, sitting on the back of the couch as I swing my legs.

"Maybe you're imagining things. Wouldn't be the first time." Harry stares as he glares at the boy.

"Aw, might want to get that checked out weasel-bee!" I taunt as he glares at me and goes to approach me but stops as nyx hisses at him.

"Whatever... stupid snake. And you're probably just practicing for your next interview, I expect." Ron scoffs as Harry makes sure he's all the way upstairs before we both turn back to the fireplace.

We look at it as there are no traces of Sirius. We share a glance as I sigh before walking put of the dorm with a final wave at the boy.