XXXIX. Dementors

|| WARNING(S) - TORTURE(?) ||

"I didn't mean to blow her up... I just... lost control." Harry explains as Ron chuckles.

We walk behind Ron and Harry as we walk into the empty compartment with them.

I didn't want to sit with them but it would take far to long to find Draco.

I sit next to Hermione as she sat between me and Ron. Harry had taken the seat next to the strange man.

"Who do you think that is, Harry?" Ron asks as I open the diary which I had changed to look slightly different from the original.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione answers as she reads off of the suitcase.

"Nerd..." Ron mutters as Hermione glares at the boy harshly.

I roll my eyes as I get out a fountain pen and start to write to Tom.

'Hey tom!'

'Y/n? Shouldn't you be at hogwarts by now?'

'Nah, just got on the train!'

'Well, is there anything wrong?'

I grin slightly in amusement at the words as they fade onto the page.

'Awww, is mr oh-so-mean-and-evil dark lord caring about me?!'

The diary heats up as I snicker quietly at the dramatic actions of the teenage dark lord.

'Shut it. I could kill you if I wanted to.'

'If you wanted to, you would have already.'

'Y/n?'

'Yes?'

'Do shut up.'

I snicker as I close the diary but leave it resting in my lap, nyx hissing happily as if she were laughing.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asks as I look at the man.

I doubt he's asleep, his breathing patterns are slightly off and his eyelids twitch every so often.

"Seems to be. Why?" Mione answers with a shrug as Harry looks at him.

"I've got to tell you something." Harry explains as Weasel boy rolls his eyes as he thinks nobody noticed.

I glare at the weasel as he shudders and looks away.

———

"Let me get this straight. Sirius black has escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Weasel boy asks, shocked.

"Yeah, And y/n." Harry corrects as weasel boy scoffs but nods.

"They'll catch black, won't they...?" Hermione asks as she lays her hand on mine fearfully before looking at Harry again. "I mean, everyone's looking for him."

"I'm not sure... there's something... off... about the entire situation." I mutter to Hermione as she glances at me and nods.

"Sure. Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before, and... he's a murderous, raving lunatic." Ron stares sarcastically as I notice the unknown man shrink back slightly.

Perhaps they have a connection to black...? Or they're just scared of being killed.

"Thanks, Ron." Harry says, sarcasm dripping off his tongue.

Suddenly the trains screeches to a stop.

"Why are we stopping?" Mione asks as Harry gets up and opens the door, glancing outside.