XLII. Trelawney's Predictions

"Welcome, my children. I'm this room, you shall explore the noble art of divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight!" The crazy woman who calls herself our professor exclaims as she bumps into a table. The class snickers as I roll my eyes with a grin as I lay my head on my palm, sitting across from Draco.

"Hello. I am professor trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term, we shall be focusing on tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves! So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you." She explains as I grab Draco's cup and he grabs mine.

"What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds!" She exclaims as she grabs a students head, he looks at her confused with knitted eyebrows.

"First, you must look... beyond!" She exclaims as I shake my head annoyed.

"What a load of rubbish." A voice suddenly says as I flinch at hermiones sudden entrance, I look over to her confused.

"Where the fuck did you come from?" I ask  her confused, she simply looks at me with a small grin.

"Been here the entire time, you didn't notice?" She answers in a slight taunting voice as I shake my head and sigh.

"You, boy— is your grandmother quite well?" The professor asks longbottom.

"Yes...?" Longbottom answers nervously as the teacher shakes her head fearfully.

"I-I wouldn't be so sure of that... give me the cup." She says quietly as she grabs the cup from the other male.

"Oh... hmm... pity." Is all she mutters before giving the cup back and walking off.

The two males share a confused look as I snicker slightly at the reactions.

"Broaden your minds!" She exclaims as she walks around the classroom humming.

"What a load of bullshit..." i mutter to Hermione and Draco as hermione sighs with a small grin tugging on her lips.

"Oh... oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond?! I think you are!" She suddenly says to Draco as I grin at him tauntingly.

He just glares at her as the professor stares at him wide eyed.

"Looks at the cup! Tell me what you see!" She suddenly demands as Draco remains glaring at her, keeping up the perfect pureblood mask.

"... it's the grim." Draco states as the teacher gasps and grabs the cup before quickly dropping it back down.

"The grin? What's the grin?" a Gryffindor asks— Seamus was his name if I remember correctly.

"Not the grin, you idiot, the grim. taking form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death." Another gryffindor answers as a grin forms on my face.

"This sure will be an interesting year!" I mutter excitedly as Hermione sighs and Draco seems to resist the urge to hit me on the head.