XCVII. The Prophecy

Once we arrived back at the manor, Bellatrix bowed and took her leave.

I glance at Tom before taking the prophecy out of my pocket. "Well, let's see the reason why dumbledore decided to mess with Harry and I's life so much."

I sit on toms desk as he stands across from me.

Tom puts his hand on the prophecy, murmuring something before the orb glows.

"The ones with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...

born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...

and the Dark Lord will mark them as his equals, but they will have power the Dark Lord knows not...

They must come to an understanding for neither can live while the other survives...

the ones with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...."

The glowing dies down as the prophecy reverts to how it once was. I glance over at the wall, stuck in my thoughts.

"I think I have an idea on what it means." I conclude as I look over at Tom.

"Me aswell."

"For the first line 'the ones with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...' I think it's referring to when Harry and I vanquished you as baby's."

"The second line is pretty self explanatory while the third 'and the Dark Lord will mark them as his equals, but they will have power the Dark Lord knows not...' marking us as your equals must mean our scar." I pause to tap my lighting scar. "And the 'power you know not'... I'm not sure of yet."

"I think I have an idea on what it could be, but I'd have to double check." Tom explains as I nod. "The idea is that I speculate that Lily did a blood ritual which stopped Voldemort from killing you two all those years ago."

"That seems accurate... however the fourth line 'They must come to an understanding for either can live while the other survives...' Im pretty sure they used the words 'live' and 'survive' given the fact that they're a difference between living and surviving."

"And the last one, just because you two have the power to vanquish me, doesn't mean you actually will." Tom explains as I nod.

"Dumbledore was stupid for thinking this meant your downfall." I comment as Tom nods.

"He was getting desperate to end the war." Tom explains as I nod in agreement.