IV. Diagon Alley

"All students must be equipped with... one standard size two pewter cauldron. And may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad. All familiars, no matter the animal, are allowed so long as they aren't a danger to any students..." Harry reads off the parchment as nyx hisses happily.

"Can we find all this in London?" Harry asks as hagrid glances towards another building.

"If you know where to go." Hagrid whispers quite loudly as she grins.

We head over to a suspicious-looking building as the door creaks open.

"Hey hagrid! Guessing you'll have the usual?" Someone who was standing behind the bar asks.

"N' thanks Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helpin' th' young potters here wit' their school supplies." Hagrid says as I wave slightly at the people.

"Bless my soul, it's the potter twins." He mutters as suddenly it goes quiet and everyone's attention is on us.

"Welcome back Mr potter, welcome back!" Someone says as he shakes Harry's hand.

"Doris Crockford Miss potter! I can't believe I'm meeting you!" Someone introduces as they excitedly shake my hand, I smile nervously at them.

"Y/n and Harry p-potter! I can't tell y-you how pleased I am to m-meet you!" Someone stutters as they look between us, I wave slightly as they shake Harry's hand.

Weird... their stutter seemed almost... fake? It seemed too tense for him to genuinely stutter like that...

"Well hello there professor! sorry, didn't see ye' there!" Hagrid says as he gestures towards the man in front of us.

"This be professed Quirrell, he'll be ye' defense against th' dark arts teacher 't Hogwarts!" Hagrid introduces as I wave toward the professor.

"Oh, hello there." Harry greets the man as Quirrell has an unsettling smile on his face.

He glances at nyx who snaps her jaws as the man as he flinches he back in fear.

"Well, we must be goin' now, lots t' buy!" Hagrid says as we start to walk towards the door.

Once we exit Hagrid smiles at us, "see y/n, harry! Ye're famous!"

"But why are we famous Hagrid? All those people back there.. how was it that they knew who we are?" Harry questions as Hagrid sighs.

"I'm not sure I'm th' right person t' tell ye..." Hagrid states before he taps on the stones in a certain order, creating an entranceway.

"Welcome potters, to Diagon alley." Hagrid says as Harry walks forward, I lean against the brick with a hand against it as I stare in shock.

I quickly follow next to Harry as Hagrid leads us down the street.

I look in awe as we walk down the street, different stores of every kind.

'I want to eat one!' Nyx hisses as we walk past a store selling small rodents.

I grin in amusement at the snake's behavior as I roll my eyes.

"But Hagrid, how are we to pay for all of this? We haven't any money." Harry asks as I look over at the two curiously.

"Well, there's ye' money Harry!" Hagrid says while pointing towards a bank.

"Gringotts, wizard bank! No safer place! Except maybe Hogwarts..." Hagrid trails off with a smile.

———

We walk towards the front as a bunch of what I assume to be goblins are working.

"Uh.. Hagrid... what exactly are these things?" Harry questions as I look around at the creatures who were doing paperwork.

"They be goblins Harry's, clever as they come goblins are not th' most friendly of beasts. Best stay close." Hagrid explains as I sigh and follow behind them.

Hagrid clears his throat once he is in front of a goblin, the goblin lifts his head to look at Hagrid.

"Mr and Miss potter wish t' make a withdrawal." Hagrid states as the goblin scowls, looking down at me and Harry.

"And do Mr and Miss potter have their key?" The goblin questions as I give him a confused glance.

"Wait a minute I've got 't here somewhere..." Hagrid trails off as he looks through his pockets before finally pulling out the key.

Why does hagrid have our key...?

A scowl remains on the goblin's face as it looks at the key.

"Oh, and there's something else as well..." hagrid's says as he pulls out a slip of paper.

"Professor dumbledore gave m' this.." he mutters as he hands the goblin the note. "It's about you know what in vault you know which..."

"Very well." The goblin states as I look over at Harry confused, though he seems just as about confused as I.

"Thank you, sir..." i mutter to the goblin before following following hagrid. The goblin stares in shock before walking to the back, preparing to tell their leader.

What I hadn't known at the time, was that I just made a new and powerful alliance by thanking the goblin.

———

I walk next to Harry as we walk down the streets, we had gotten the money from the vault as well as a suspicious item for Hagrid. We had already gotten most of the stuff as Harry was carrying his and I carried mine.

"We still need... a wand." Harry says as he looks over at Hagrid.

"A wand? Oh, ye' want olivanders! There ain't n' place better!" Hagrid says as we walk towards the shop.

"Why don't ye' two go along there and wait, there's just one more thing I need t' do." Hagrid says as Harry nods and we walk into the wand shop.

We enter the seemingly empty shop as we put our stuff down by the doorway.

"Hello...?" Harry asks as suddenly a man on a ladder slides over.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you two, Mr and Miss potter." The man grins at us as I raise an eyebrow but don't say anything.

"It seems like only tester that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands!" The man explains as he grabs a wand.

"Here we are..." the man says as he hands Harry the wand, Harry just holds it and looks at him.

"Give it a wave!" The man says as Harry waves the wand, a bunch of boxes come off the shelf as the man raises an eyebrow.

*Yikes...* nyx hisses as she stares at the mess of boxes.

"Well then... let's let little y/n try!" The man says as I wave it and even more boxes fly off the shelf, one almost hitting me in the head but I swiftly move out of the way.

"Maybe not..." the man says, scurrying off to find another wand.

After another failed attempt and two broken vases later, he comes back with two identical wands.

He gives me the first one hesitantly as when I take it, I feel a spark in my eyes flash an emerald green.

"Curious... very curious..." the man mutters as I tilt my head in confusion.

"what's so curious?" I question the man as he looks at me.

"I've remembered every wand I've ever sold Miss potter. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather that resides in your wand, gave another feather. Just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand, when its brother, gave you that scar." He explains while pointing to my scar as I tilt my head before it dawns on me.

"So... that means..." I mutter as Harry's eyes widen.

He then goes off to find Harry a wand, I zone out as I yawn tiredly.

After a few tries, Harry finds a wand which the man rants how it was the one of the most powerful wands he made.

"Harry!! Y/n!!" I hear someone call as I look outside and see Hagrid with two owls, one a black-ish grey great horned owl and another a white snowy owl.

My eyes widen as I stare in awe at the owls.