XXXVII. Runaways

Harry and I drag out stuff down the stairs as we go to leave but were stopped by Vernon as he gripped my arm hard enough to bruise.

"You two bring her back! You two bring her back now! And you two put her right!" Vernon demands as I scowl at him and snatch my hand from his grip.

"Why should we? She got what she deserved!" I say in a sing-song tone of voice with a grin as he raises his hand to hit me but missed as Harry pulled me back.

"You get away from us." He states as he points his wand at him.

"You're not allowed to do magic outside of school!" Vernon says while shaking his head, I grin as I take out my wand aswell.

"Try me you bastard." I threaten as petunia walks in, staring at me with a venomous glare.

"They won't let you two back now. You've got nowhere else to go." Vernon stares as Harry glares at him.

"We don't care." Harry states as he glares at the three.

"Anywhere's better than here." Harry states as he drags his suitcase out the door.

I quickly follow behind him as we walk out on the streets. Marge still visible in the air as I just stare at the ground blankly.

———

We sit down on the edge of a sidewalk as Harry sighs.

The light flickers before going out, then the playground items start to move.

The wind picks up as a midnight black dog walks out from the woods. It barks as Harry tries to go towards it, knocking us back and onto the sidewalk.

A bus suddenly then pulls infront of us as we look at the man who stood leaning against the side.

"Welcome to the knight bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan shunpike and I will be your conductor for this evening." He reads off the card monotonously before he glances down as his eyebrows knit together.

"What you two doin' down there?" He asks as he leans against the side of the bus in a carefree manner.

"We fell over." Harry mutters as the man looks at us even more confused.

"What'd you fell over for?" He asks as Harry and I stand up.

"We didn't do it on purpose." Harry explains as the man shakes his head.

"Well, come on, then! Let's not wait for the grass to grow!" The man says as Harry and I look over the side of the bus only to see the dog gone.

"What you lookin' at?" The man asks as he looks over the side of the bus aswell.

"Nothing..." Harry mutters as the man sighs.

"Well, come on, then!" He says as we both go to grab our luggage.

"Nah, nah, nah. I'll get these. You two get in!" The man offers as I smile and mutter a thank you before getting on the bus.

We walk to the back of the bus as the man stands infront of us and gives us both a paper before knocking on the glass.

The bus then speeds off as Harry falls back onto a bus as the conductor grabs the back of my shirt, keeping me from falling and most likely bashing my head open.

*Y/nnnnnn!* Nyx screeches as she tightens her grip around my neck.

"What did you two say your names were again?" He asks as Harry grabs onto the side of the bed.

"I didn't." Harry answers as he glances around.

"Well, whereabouts are you headed?" He questions.

"The leaky cauldron that's in London." Harry answer as the conductor turns back towards the glass.