LXXII. Igor's Trial

"A man has died here, fudge. And he won't be the last!" I hear dumbledore yell as me and Harry walk into his office, Harry had told me about what happened and what he saw, crouch found dead in the forest. "You must take action!"

"I will not. In times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength, dumbledore!" Fudge yells back at dumbledore as we walk towards the man's office.

"Then for once show them some!!" Dumbledore snaps at the man as fudge scoffs.

"The triwizard tournament will not be canceled. I will not be seen as a coward!" Fudge proclaims as dumbledore glares at him.

"A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think." Dumbledore explains as I roll my eyes.

"What did you say? What did you say to me?" Fudge says to the old man as moody sighs.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. It may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private." I hear moody say as he casts a spell and the door opens, revealing me and Harry.

"Oh, harry, y/n.... How good to see you two again!" Fudge greets as I glare at the man.

"I can come back later, Professor." Harry offers but dumbledore shakes his head.

"Oh, not necessary, harry. The minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you." Dumbledore says as me and Harry walk in.

"Oh, harry, y/n, do feel free to indulge in a little licorice snap in my absence." Dumbledore says while pointing to said candy. "But I have to want you, they're a wee bit sharp."

Moody walks out after them as he closes the door. Harry sighs as he looks around the room.

He grabs a handful of the weird candy before it jumps at him, biting his finger.

"Ow!" He says as the candy starts to jump around, biting at him. He shakes them off as they fall to the ground.

They run around as Harry kneels down, trying to catch them.

Gears turn as Harry pauses, glancing over his shoulder before getting up. A bowl filled with a glowing liquid reveals itself as Harry and I walk towards it.

Harry waves his wand around it the water, stirring it as an imagine appears. My head hours before I feel myself falling.

I squeal in shock as I grin onto Harry, we fall down (shockingly uninjured) as we land next to what seems to be dumbledore.

Harry pants as people chatter around us before his eyes land on dumbledore.

"Professor...?" He mutters as dumbledore seems to not hear him.

"Professor." Another voice says as suddenly, a hand goes through mine and Harry's stomach.

"Yeah." Dumbledore replies as he shakes the shorter man's hand.

Gears turn as a man appears in the cage at the center of the room, guard directly next to it.

"Igor karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request to present evidence to this council." A voice says as I turn towards the person to see crouch.

"Should your testimony prove consequential, council may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time, you remain in the eyes of the ministry, a convicted death eater. Do you accept these terms?" Crouch explains as igor nods.

"I do, sir." Igor agrees as I raise an eyebrow at the rather cowardly man.

"And what do you wish to present?" Crouch asks harshly as Igor grits his teeth.