Chapter 11: Here We go Again Part 2 (Tommy Thayer)

Joe floors me, EVERYTHING about him. Like the last night, offering to take care of Evan to give the babysitter a break after Aerosmith's set...astounded me. He watched him while I was on stage, my thoughts naturally drifting to my son, but especially Joe himself. Of course, I'd gotten back late last night, after Kiss played and came back to find Joe and Evan asleep, Evan had fallen asleep nearby, and I had never seen anything more adorable. Joe loves my son, I mean he's spent time with me and Evan, lots of time but he's never just watched him by himself.... I've never had anyone outside of family be so willing to do so...to step up.

The way he makes me feel.... whenever we touch i.e., hug or ANY touch. It doesn't hurt....it NEVER hurts not like it did with Jamie. But STILL, there's some internal conflict on my part. I can't totally deny or deny that I have feelings for Joe, he KNOWS.... still, I am not quite ready, that's my head talking...I....

"Mommy? Ok?" Evan's sweet little voice pipes up and I am brought back to reality. Today/tonight i am getting ready early, make-up and all...so he can see Aerosmith AND Kiss both. He's been bouncing off the walls, rather like Eric.... it's his first concert, so he'll be jacked up all night, probably not that I blame him. I am as excited as he is.

"Sorry sweetheart...Mommy's thinking about things. Lots of things....and I am so excited for your first Rock concert!" I smile brightly at my son as I put down my make-up brush. I am ready to go anyway.

"Me know who thinkin' bout!" Evan's look is sly for a toddler.... uh oh.

"Evan.... how'd you get to be so smart?"

"Mommy!" He huffs. "Me know....et' (let) heart talk!" and I am curious to what that means.

"Honey, it's...hard for me. I don't feel ready...I don't wanna ruin things." I whisper, as Evan climbs up in my lap and hugs me, I wrap him in my embrace.

"Mommy it be k!" he's right...it will be...it HAS to be. I check my watch and realize it's time for Aerosmith to take the stage.

"Let's go see your favorite band! It's time!" I make sure to put the noise proof headphones on that fit him and we head out, Joe'd told me beforehand where to stand so we could get a good view but not be seen much if at all. Evan is bouncing up and down in my arms, and so the show begins....

Evan wants down, but still, he holds one of my hands and looks up at me with a beaming smile before turning back to Aerosmith....and I just so happen to catch Joe's eyes and I swear they GLOW when they land on me, he smiles and then smiles at Evan who is rocking out and singing along. Trust me he knows the words to every Aerosmith song.

I too am enjoying myself while Aerosmith plays, Joe glancing my way repeatedly....and the looks he's tossing me, I swear.... get to me, make me feel so many emotions. Joe is one HELL of a guitarist, passionate and bluesy...a very kick-ass combo if I do say so myself.

Time flies and their set is over, and Joe makes a bee line straight for me and Evan leaps from my arms straight into Joe's, laughter sounds.

"Did you enjoy it? I bet you did...." Joe teases Evan tickling him, Evan giggles.

"So, fun! Aero-me (Aerosmith) wocks!"

"He was singing word for word your songs; he was so excited. I had fun too. "I tell Joe, whose eyes once more glows and a soft smile is on his face, as we head back to the dressing rooms.