Chapter 35: The Perry Family (Tommy Perry-Thayer)

The years pass by as they always do, such full and happy years.... All my children are teens now, correction 2 of my children are teens. Evan, my Evan is 21 years old....21. And may I add a stellar guitarist, as my husband Joe and I have both taught him and he's even in an up & coming rock band with Dakota Tyler, Steven, and Paul's oldest son. I say oldest because they after Dakota had another son and a daughter. Eric and Brad are tied with Joe and I at four kids. 3 girls and a boy, never a dull moment at their house I can tell you now. Everyone over the tears has thrived, Aerosmith, Kiss, and our children...Our family.

Back to mine and Joe's children, we have of course 21-year-old Evan, 18-year-old Lola, our youngest son at the age of 8 & our youngest daughter at age 16. Now, we live out in Massachusetts funnily enough not far from Boston....

"Mmm.... Tommy, I can feel you thinking.... thinking about our family aren't you sparkles?" Kisses placed to my neck, Joe's voice in my ear. I turn over and smile at my husband, "I can never get over how beautiful you are." A gentle hand on my cheek.

I can feel my self blush, "Still making me blush Boston."

Joe smirks, "Nice to know I still got it." His look turns tender, "I love you so much, over a decade and counting of marriage, and I only fall for you more each day. You've given me four amazing children, my best friend...my lover...you've given me your heart."

"I too fall for you more every day, you got me to trust...to listen to my heart let it do the talking, God...Joe..." I don't get to say anymore not that I am complaining as I feel Joe's lips cover my own, a slow and fiery kiss.... that hasn't changed in all the years we've been together. We part for breath, and I say, "Wow...fire...always fire...only YOU can make me feel this way."

"Ditto." Softly, before Joe's look turns fond, "Well of course you remember we're having that get together with everyone tonight?"

I huff playfully, "Yes, I did.... and..." Here I falter, feeling emotional, "Joe.... Evan, Evan, and Dakota, I mean Dakota's 18...Evan waited. They both wanted to, but our baby is grown up. Evan looks at Dakota like you've always looked at me."

"God, I know, I am happy for our son...so happy. I know just how you feel. Lola, 18.... Athena 16 and then Tony 8.... just wish time would slow down, but I wouldn't trade our lives, our children for anything." Joe whispers, tearfully.

"Speaking of which.... i smell food, meaning the kids are in the kitchen cooking breakfast." I chuckle amused, wiping away my husband's tears as he wipes mine away. "And one of them is likely to start knocking on the door, if we don't come down." I state highly amused.

"At least they knock sparkles...Steven and Paul learned the hard way...Dakota did not or does not, gets it from Steven.... Now let's get out of bed...." Joe trails off as I race out of bed laughing, I don't get very far as I feel his arms wrap around me, "Not very nice Tommy.... mmm.... you'll pay for that LATER." I shiver from the anticipation. With herculean effort, we manage to make our selves presentable and make our way downstairs to the kitchen where we find Lola and Athena making, French toast and Tony is sitting at the kitchen table reading.

"Smells good in here!" I sniff the air appreciatively, Joe's arms wrapping around me from behind.

Choruses of 'mom' and 'dad' fill the air, and I blink, and I find my self and my husband being hugged, and there is so much laughter....my heart so very light, as finally we all sit down, Breakfast is served, and we talk about the evening ahead....

"So, I totally think Evan is going to ask Dakota to marry him." Athena says very matter of factly.

"SO OBVIOUS." Lola nods sagely in agreement.

"Their too young, right mom? Dad?" Tony questions, Tony looks just like me except he has Joe's personality.

Joe says really picking up on what our youngest son truly means, "It would look that way...but, if it IS happening, or does sooner rather than later it will be ok, we'll love and support them both. Besides, Dakota has loved Evan since he was a kid.... the way they look at each other...." Tony cuts Joe off...

"Is how you and mom always look at each other." Tony finishes.

"Feels like it's been forever since we've seen everyone." A slight frown mar's Lola's face before she perks up, looking at Joe.... hmm.... I wonder.

"Sparkles...I know that look." Joe leans in and whispers in my ear. "Trust me, it's a gathering.... its special."

"I'll let it go for now..." I pout playfully. Breakfast is consumed, dishes washed, and the kitchen cleaned. The day passes in a blur and Joe, and I are in our bedroom, we'd just finished a love making marathon in the shower and are getting ready for the evening's festivities. I can feel my husband smirk and sure enough...

"I still got it."

"Oh baby...that's not all you got." I wink at him before remembering, "Is Johnny coming?"

"Depp? Yes...with Alice Cooper.... NOW there's an interesting love story." Joe muses before adding softly, "I love ours the best, but I am partial though."

"I don't blame you...it took time for my heart to talk to yours or for my heart and mind to become one. All these years together.... you, taught me...SHOWED me what love is and should be. I can never forget during my darkest moment.... you comforted me and it DIDN'T hurt, you didn't use 'love' to punish me...you MEANT it, you gave me time...helped to heal me, and you've given me children, family.... your HEART." I can't help but get misty, as I lay down the brush and I am drawn into my husband's warm embrace.

"My heart was yours from the moment I heard your voice that day...it will always be yours. God, do I love you." I pull back long enough to look at my husband before his warm, pouty lips cover mine, making me weak in the knees....me feeling that fire...that oh so delicious fire.

Before I know it, we arrive at the venue.... friends, family...kids, everyone is here.... including an officiant?! I turn to my husband with wide eyes, as he gets down on one knee, taking my hand.

"Tommy, I wanted to surprise you and renew our vows.... would you do me the honor of marrying me, again?" it is here he reveals a stunning ring, surrounded by diamonds.

"Yes.... yes." I whisper as he slips the ring above my wedding ring, and we soon stand before the officiant and are married once more.... I'd marry him over and repeatedly.

First everyone settles down to eat, before I am sure a jam session will take place and there is so much laughter, love and many, many congratulations from everyone...Joe and I immediately tackled by Evan, a shy and blushing Dakota with him....and I note an engagement ring on Dakota's finger, and I smile.

"You my love.... are full of surprises.... thank you for this." I whisper, in my husband's ear.

"I do try." He teases before adding, "Tommy.... I love you.... god do I love you. And....it looks like we will be getting a son-in law."

"I love you too." Tenderly, "So you noticed the ring too huh?" I ask. Joe smiles.

"I think they'll wait at least 2 years or so before having children." Turns out I was right.

"Our baby, having a baby...God, where does the time go? But I wouldn't trade this life for anything."

"Kiss me Boston." Just wanting to feel my husband.

"Always and forever Sparkles." And with that Joe kisses me, and that fire.... oh, that sweet, sweet fire.

A/N: This is the end of this book sadly, but I still have so much coming for my other stories!! Stay tuned!!