Chapter 27: Sweet Baby Bean (Tommy Perry-Thayer)

My pregnancy this time around.... isn't a lonely one, isn't a scary one...it's the exact opposite of the pregnancy I had with Evan.... I'm not living in fear of Jamie coming back to kill me and my son. It's also my first experience with morning sickness, which although has been rough as hell and I've been so miserable...even that is a cherished thing.... every moment is. I've just entered my 3rd month of pregnancy and my morning sickness is FINALLY going away or seems to be.... all I know, is I couldn't have done any of this...couldn't do this without my beloved Boston, my husband Joe Perry and our son and family PERIOD.

I love seeing my belly grow, already so round or so it seems to me...but my husband looks at me...his looks, his touches...the point is he NEVER fails to make me feel beautiful. True to his word, he treats me like a Queen.

I am SO glad Kiss hasn't done anything major, just some appearances and a few shows but other than that, nothing much...just our families growing and thriving. Currently, I am downstairs in the kitchen fixing lunch, Evan is with Joe in the home studio/practice room and I meanwhile, am cooking a family favorite, Evan's favorite 'Cheesy', Homemade chicken tenders and sauce, and veggies.... i wanted to do something special.... I don't realize how much time has passed until I see and FEEL Joe......and our son's little voice.

"Hey sparkles.... you know you didn't have to do all this." Joe murmurs in my ear as I lean back against his chest, his hands now resting on my baby bump.

"I smell cheesy!!" Evan exclaims, making me chuckle.

"You need to eat more than just the 'cheesy' ok?" I turn to look at my son, Joe still having me in his hold.

Evan huffs, "I know mommy. I be good an' eat."

"And How are you and our sweet bean doing?" Joe whispers in my ear, hands caressing my stomach gently.

"We're doing wonderful Boston...now let me finish lunch..." I trail off, I go to say more but I find my husband's lips on my own...and I am gone...gone in the best of ways. Joe insists on helping me with lunch, him, and Evan both fussing over me which I love how protective they both are. At last lunch is ready and we all sit down to eat.... but before I can place a bit of chicken in my mouth...I feel something...moving? My eyes widen...as I realize..., "Joe! Joe!"

"What is it?! You...ok...sparkles?" He asks, quickly I place his hands on my stomach.

"I-I think the baby.... our sweet bean is moving...it feels fluttery...it's the best feeling in the world!" I cry, tears of joy.

"I feel it...I FEEL IT." Joe whispers getting choked up.

"Mommy daddy? Wat wrong?" Evan pipes up worriedly. My husband and I share a look, as carefully I get up, being careful and walk over to my son and place his tiny little hands on my stomach and tell him....

"Your little sister or brother is moving...it's really special...just like you are special Evan."

"Mommy, does it tickle? Did I tickle?" Evan asks.

"You did sweetheart....and it does." I reply.

"Need go sit an' eat wots for baby!" Evan points to my chair, I ruffle his hair before doing so and so lunch passes with us just talking with one another, including things about Paul and Steven and their son as well as some new news.

"So, Steven as we know has his hands full with Paul...but man I tell you, he's never EVER BEEN happier and.... i talked to them while I was fixing lunch and then Brad and Eric...so it's FINALLY happened...Eric is pregnant, just 6 weeks. So, 2 months behind me." I remark, going for extra helpings of the chicken tenders and veggies...well hell, why lie? going for second helpings of everything.