004. getting acquainted

The four get to the bunker, Daphne's jaw dropping at the place.

"Holy shit, you guys live here?" She asks, jogging down the stairs.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, it's, um... our home, sort of. I guess." Sam shrugs.

"Dude, this is amazing." Daphne gasps.

"She get this excited about everything?" Dean quietly asks Billy.

"She kind of has excited energy 24/7. Have you not learned that yet?" Billy questions.

"Right." Dean mumbles. "Always?" He grimaces.

"You get used to it." Billy shrugs.

"Okay, um, so as you can see, this is the library and, uh... well, we don't have a room for this really." Sam motions to the area of the map table.

"It's a map? Dude, I so could've used that when I was learning geography. Especially during the tests." Daphne says.

"That's called cheating, Daph." Billy says.

"Right, because you're so anti-cheating." Daphne rolls her eyes.

"I can show you guys to your rooms." Sam says. He leads them out, passing by the kitchen. "Kitchen."

"Do you guys have food? Snacks?" Daphne asks.

"Um... maybe a little. We can go shopping." Sam offers.

Sam leads them through the bunker.

"These two rooms are free. I mean, some others are, you can choose, I guess. If it looks like it came straight from the 1950's than it isn't mine or Dean's." Sam chuckles. "So, uh... have at it with choosing. Just... let me know if you need anything."

"Thank you." Daphne tells him. "For, uh... for everything."

"No problem." Sam softly smiles. He smiles at Billy before walking off.

"I like him. He's nice. He's like a giant puppy — like Clifford. Oh! Ooh, he's like a big moose." Daphne grins, nodding in agreement to her own statement.

"Yeah? What's Dean?" Billy chuckles.

"Uh... a grumpy bear." Daphne says. "Though, I do think he has at least a little bit of a heart of gold, but he keeps it, like, super buried. I believe he has the potential to be a cuddly, non-grumpy bear."

"Well, have fun finding that side of him." Billy says before going into one of the rooms.

+++

Sam walks into the library and finds Daphne looking over the books.

"Hey." He greets.

"Hi." She smiles.

"So, uh, Dean and I are going to, um... we have some personal stuff to do. Going to find a, uh... a guy we... get help on some stuff with." Sam says.

"A friend?" Daphne asks. "Ooh, you have Wizard of Oz." She grabs the book, flipping through the pages. "I always wanted to read this. I love the movie, though. I can't really ever sit down to read, I get too bored. You know, just staring at pages for hours on end, doesn't work out. Sometimes it works, but those are usually picture books. It made English class very hard."

"Right." Sam processes her quick change of subject. "Mm... I wouldn't say friend. But we'll be back probably tomorrow or the next day — hopefully. So, um... just don't burn the place down and we'll see you guys later."

Daphne salutes him.

+++

Daphne is walking around and exploring the large place. She passes a room and sees Billy in it.