023. vengeful parents

Daphne is eating bagel bites with a soda in the kitchen when Sam walks in. Billy is scrolling on his phone

"Hey, uh, we got a case. Um, you guys want to go?" Sam asks.

"What is it?" Daphne asks with her mouth full.

"Dude." Billy rolls his eyes.

"What?" She innocently asks, sticking another bagel bite in her mouth.

"It's, uh..." Sam grimaces. "It's in Boulder, Colorado. We think it's a vengeful spirit."

"Bo-Boulder?" Daphne questions.

"Yeah." Sam nods and the two siblings look at each other. "What is it?"

"That's, uh... that's where we're from. You know, where... were our parents--" Billy motions slicing his throat and clicks his tongue.

"Oh. Oh, shit." Sam mutters. "Uh... so you two wanna stay here? I mean, I don't... aren't you missing?"

"Yeah. I mean, we're runaways or whatever, but pretty much." Billy nods. "Lemme see." He holds his hand out and Sam hands him the tablet. Billy skims over the article. "Holy shit."

"What?" Sam and Daphne chorus.

"That's our grandma." Billy says.

"What?" Daphne asks.

"That's our house." Billy says.

"What?" Sam asks, taking the tablet back. "Huh. She moved in a few months after you guys, uh... went missing."

"You don't... you don't think it's like... like our parents or something, do you?" Daphne asks.

"Wha-- uh, no. No. I mean, your... your parents decided to go. They... they shouldn't have unfinished business. well, I mean, I guess raising kids is-- no. No, probably not your parents. Besides, why would they kill your grandma?" Sam asks.

"Cause she was an emotionally abusive bitch." Billy says. "I'm going." He states.

"Uh, yeah, if you're all going, so am I. Didn't exactly have a killer time last time I stayed here alone." Daphne says. "Well... I did almost get killed. I suppose, in a way, that's pretty killer."

"Right." Sam mumbles. "So, uh... go pack your stuff, meet us at the Impala in about 10, 15 minutes." He walks out.

+++

Sam and Dean get back to the motel where they left Daphne and Billy. Dean is carrying a bag of takeout food and a carton of drinks.

"So?" Daphne asks, sitting up from where she is on the bed.

"Well, uh... it's definitely a ghost." Sam says.

"So do you think it's our parents? I mean, they died when Heaven locked up. Cas said they were ghosts." Billy asks.

"I don't know if it's them. I mean, did anything weird ever happen when you guys were living there?" Sam asks.

"Um... yeah, our parents became fucking werewolves and killed themselves." Billy remarks.

"Yeah, very funny, wise guy." Dean rolls his eyes. "Anything ghost-y happen in all the years you lived there? Flickering lights, temperature drops?"

"No. No, nothing. We weren't haunted." Daphne states.

"I don't remember anything." Billy shrugs.

"Well, there's definitely a ghost there now." Dean mutters.

"Could it be our parents? Could they... could they be attached to the house or something?" Daphne asks.

"We're not sure. Look, let's just... why don't we eat and we can talk theories later. Just... just don't think about it for now." Sam suggests.