059. therapy session

Daphne is making toast and Dean is sitting at the table and researching.

"Hey." Sam walks in. "How you feelin'?" Dean glances up at him, but doesn't say anything. "What, you, uh, working on?"

"Dead guy in Madison. Police say it was a home invasion, but neighbor claims that she saw the vic's dead wife leave the crime scene." Dean explains.

"Let's check it out." Sam says.

"What, you ready to ditch Damien? What do you wanna do? Leave him in a ring of holy oil with some Netflix and a frozen pizza?" Dean asks.

"Ha. No. Actually... I thought we'd, uh, bring him along." Sam says making Dean scoff.

"Uh, hell, no." He argues. "What, Adventures in Babysitting the Antichrist? No, thank you."

"Dean, we can't hide him forever. And, you know, just keeping him cooped up here isn't working."

"Yeah, it is, actually. You wanna know why? Because as long as he's here, he's not out there doing God knows what. So what, does this mean that you plan for bringing mom and Billy back isn't working?"

"Cause I'll say it again -- Billy and mom are dead, Sam. Lucifer ripped out their fucking hearts. Now, the sooner you can wrap your head around that, the sooner we can all move on."

Sam glares at Dean before looking over at Daphne whose mood visibly dampens. She drops her half eaten toast onto the plate, Sam able to see her eyes get glossy before she walks out.

"What the fuck is your problem, Dean?" Sam asks with a heavy sigh.

"Hey, she's gotta accept it, too." Dean says.

"You don't have to be such a dick about it, man. I mean, you probably almost make her cry at least once a day whenever you mention that Billy could be dead." Sam says.

"Cause he's dead, Sam. We both know Lucifer wouldn't let him, or mom, live." Dean says.

"So, you're saying you want to move on? From Billy? An-and from mom?" Sam asks.

"Right now, I wanna kill some dead guy's dead wife." Dean says.

"Dean, that isn't what this is about. Jack needs to get out. He needs to get some air. We all do. He's a good kid. He is, just... give him a chance, please. For me. And stop being so cold and emotionless when you mention Billy around Daph."

+++

They're in the Impala and Dean pulls up to the crime scene.

"Agent Bonham, Agent Seger, Special Agent Anderson -- these are you?" Jack asks, looking through the fake IDs that the brothers have.

"Yeah, sometimes." Sam says.

"I thought lying was wrong." Jack says.

"All right, here we go." Dean says, ignoring Jack's comment. "Victim, Wes Bailey. His wife, Erica, died six months ago. Hear thing, out of the blue. Uh, question is, why'd she come back from the dead and knife his ass?"

"People come back?" Jack asks.

"When a person dies and their soul can't move on--" Sam begins to explain.

"They're called ghosts." Dean states. "And hanging around makes them go loony tunes. Uh, they go crazy."

"Yeah, question is, since when do ghosts kill somebody and walk out the front door?" Sam asks.

"So maybe it's a revenant." Dean says.

"Wait. What's a revenant?" Jack asks.

"A revenant's more like a-a zombie." Sam says.