008. the musical

Billy rubs his eyes as he walks out of the motel room in his pajamas. He quietly shuts the door, not wanting to wake Daphne up. He looks around, seeing Dean working on the Impala, just as Dean spots him.

"Hey." Dean greets.

"Hey." Billy mumbles, walking over to him. "What are you doing?"

"Working on my car. Just fixing her up a bit, making sure she stays healthy." Dean says.

"Healthy? You mean working?" Billy asks.

"I mean healthy." Dean states.

"Right. Right, it's your baby or whatever." Billy says.

"Disrespect this car and I will run you over with her." Dean threatens.

"Okay, okay, chill. Learn how to take some sarcasm, damn." Billy mumbles.

"You always wake up this early?" Dean asks.

"Mm, either that or I'm never asleep." Billy says making Dean look at him confused, but there's also a hint of concern in his eyes. "Insomnia."

"Oh... well, that sucks." Dean says.

"Yeah." Billy mumbles. "You always wake up this early?"

"Sometimes. Getting kind of restless in motels, so... figured I'd be outside." Dean says.

"Right. Well, uh, I'm gonna get coffee." Billy says. Dean gives him a half wave as he walks off.

+++

They get to an all girls high school where a possible case is. Sam hangs his phone up as the four get out of the car.

"So, the last place Ms. Chandler was seen by anyone was in the auditorium. Turns out she's the drama teacher." Sam says.

"Ugh, theater kids. Great." Dean grimaces.

"What's wrong with theater kids?" Daphne asks.

"Well, some are freaks." Billy says.

"Everybody's a freak. Normal's boring." Daphne states. "And theater kids are the only ones who ever tolerated me in school."

"I was a theater kid." Sam says.

"Barely. You did Our Town, which was cool, but then, you did that crappy musical." Dean says.

"The— Oklahoma? Hugh Jackman got cast off of Oklahoma." Sam says.

"You ran tech, Wolverine." Dean remarks.

"Shut up." Sam says.

They go inside, meeting up with the principal and she leads them to the auditorium. They walk in, looking down at the stage.

"You idjits!" They turn to see a girl dressed in old guy clothes and she has a baseball cap and fake beard on. "You idjts. You are idjits."

"Hey, ass-butt!" They turn to find a girl dressed similar to Castiel. "Hey! Ass-butt!"

Music starts playing and a girl who is standing on stage starts to sing while other girls act out the scene.

'John and Mary, husband and wife
Bringing home a brand new life
His name is Sammy,
I'm big brother, Dean.
The perfect family, or so it seems.
The demon's visits had begun
He believed Sam was the chosen one
It burned my mother,
And it cursed my brother
Leaving us in tears
On the road so far,
Yeah, the road so far!
We are in dad's car—'

"Cut!" A girl calls. She walks on stage, another girl standing next to her.

"Is this... is this about you guys?" Billy asks.