028. wrestling match

"Hey, have you seen the, um..." Dean tosses Sam a pill bottle. "Ah. Yeah, thanks."

"Yeah, bottoms up." Dean says.

"What's with the bag?" Sam asks.

"You remember Top Notch Wrestling?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Those, uh, wrestling shows dad took us to when we were kids." Sam says.

"Right. Came across an obituary last night. Larry "The Hangman" Lee died." Dean says.

"Oh, no. Wasn't he, uh..."

"He was dad's favorite. Anytime that noose would come out, dad would be on his feet. It was one of the few times I ever saw him actually happy." Dean says.

"Your dad was happiest while watching some dude hang another dude?" Daphne asks. "I'll pretend that's not super concerning."

"Anyway, the, uh, funeral's less than a day's drive. I say we go pay our respects." Dean says.

"Uh... don't you think our plates are a little full? I mean, it's bad out there, Dean." Sam says.

"Yeah, Sam. You think I don't know that? We've done nothing but mainline lore for a week, okay? We've got jack on another Hand of God and Amara, and we've got even less jack on how to save Cas." Dean says.

"If he wants to be saved." Sam says.

"He does. Even if he doesn't know it yet."

"Dean--"

"I'm burnt, man. Okay? And I need... we need to get out of here. Let's go stretch our legs."

"At a funeral? Can't we go to Disneyland or something?" Daphne asks.

+++

The four walk into the funeral room.

"Dude, check it out. It's "The Scream" Casey Lyons." Dean says.

"Oh, yeah." Sam nods.

"There's Wrecking Ball Calhoon. Wow. The Brooklyn Beast?" Dean geeks out.

"What happened to 'em? They're all... broken." Sam says.

"Sam, we're at a funeral. Did you expect us to walk in and finding them taking shots and doing the freakin' conga?" Billy snarks. Sam gives him a bitch face.

"Dude. Dude! Gunnar freaking Lawless." Dean gasps.

"Hmm. Groupie much?" Sam asks.

"Should-- should I go say hi? I should go say hi. I'm gonna go say hi." Dean walks over to the man. Sam starts to walk around while the siblings stay back.

+++

They're having a memorial show and the brothers forced the siblings to come with. Billy was less reluctant, not really caring, but Daphne doesn't find watching two guys fighting in a square to be that great of a time.

"The Brooklyn Beast returns against Rush in an epic Iron Man match up! All right! Let me hear you make some noise!" Rio says, standing inside the ring. People cheer as the four get four seats in the front row.

"You know, I remember the Top Notch shows being grander, you know? Top notch." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, you drink enough, it'll be just like old times." Dean says.

"Do we really have to be here?" Daphne mutters to her brother.

"Hey, I didn't buy the tickets." Billy says. Daphne huffs, her leg naturally bouncing up and down as it always does.

"Get this -- guy at the wake told me they're only making 25 bucks tonight." Sam says.

"That's it?" Dean asks.