029. soul eaters

They found a case in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Sam and Dean talked to the mom of the girl that's now in a coma.

Dean pulls up to the house and the four get out.

"Excuse me!" The woman next door calls. "Can I help you four?"

"Maybe. Special Agent Rizer." Sam says, the brothers showing their badges. "This is my partner, Special Agent Bean, and we--"

"Why do the FBI keep coming back to that house?" The woman asks.

"Excuse me?" Sam asks.

"A handful of years ago, the FBI came here. I'm the head of the neighborhood watch, you know, so I asked the two agents what they were doing here." The woman says.

"And what'd they say?" Dean asks.

"Not a thing. They were two of the rudest people I'd ever met." The woman says.

"Huh. By any chance were these agents, um... elder statesmen?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Friends of yours?" The woman asks and the brothers share a look. "Who are the little ones? Don't look like agents."

"Oh, uh... um, he is our agent trainee and she, um... take your daughter to work day." Sam says. He smiles, putting a hand on Daphne's head to drag her closer and then wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Daphne grins, ignoring the woman's slightly skeptical look.

~ ~ ~

"I'm getting hits everywhere down here." Sam says after the brothers split up to search the house and use EMF readers.

"Yeah, upstairs as well. All right, so what? Bobby and Rufus worked a case here back in the day?" Dean asks. "I mean, we've had houses with multiple ghosts before."

"I dunno, Dean. I mean the world is small, but it's not that small." Sam says.

"I've got a couple of Bobby's old journals in the trunk, why don't we dig into those, dig into the history of the house, see what's what." Dean suggests.

+++

"Get this." Sam walks out of the motel lobby and to the Impala where the others are. "Manager said two FBI agents stayed here years ago. So I got the same room. For luck."

+++

"There were two deaths at the house, the first was accidental, and don't laugh... a dude choked on a chicken bone. And the other was a murder, a man shot his wife." Sam informs.

"Well, Bobby and Rufus were definitely on a ghost hunt." Dean hands Sam a journal of Bobby's.

""Grand Rapids, Michigan. Possible ghost hunt with jackass."" Sam reads, chuckling at the last part. "That's all he wrote?"

"Yeah, I guess Bobby never got around to finishing it. Slacker. Okay, so they were either hunting chicken bone or asshat. One ghost breaks bad back then, the other's been marinating until now. The only problem I see is that we don't know what bones Bobby and Rufus burned, so we might have to dig up two graves."

"Not it." Daphne puts her finger to her nose.

"Not it." Billy copies her.

"Very mature." Dean remarks.

"I don't know, Dean. I think there's more to it than that. I mean, something's not right, it's all a little too easy." Sam says.

"Hey, easy like Sunday morning works for me. Okay? We could wrap this up quick, get back to hunting Amara, get Cas back. I mean, hey, you said it yourself, this case is supposed to be a lay-up, right?"