094. tricks

They're having a thing in honor of Mary and invited other hunters from the apocalypse world. Everybody is gathered around in the war room. Daphne is sitting on one of the tables against the walls and Billy is standing next to her.

"We know it wasn't easy for some of you to get here, and we thank you." Dean tells everybody. He, Sam, and Cas are standing at the top of the steps that lead to the library.

"We, uh-- we gave her a hunter's send off a few days ago. But we know that her family went beyond just us. Some of you hunted alongside her. Some of you fought Michael with her in the other world. You know, we lost our mom once before. But we got a second chance with her. And we got to know her not just as "mom," but as someone who was tough and strong. Stubborn as hell."

"Someone who had opinions and wasn't shy to use them. She could handle a machete. She could handle a vampire. She could handle our old man. She couldn't cook worth a damn. Mom, you weren't here long enough. But we're so glad for the time that we had. Goodbye, mom."

"Bye, mom." Sam bids after Dean's speech.

"To Mary." The group choruses. A hatchet sails through the air, sticking into a guy's head, his body falling to the floor. Daphne jumps and Billy's eyes widen, standing up straight and looking to find Bobby walk in.

~ ~ ~

"Make sure I get my hatchet back." Bobby tells the hunter who is dragging the wraith out of the room. It's only him, Cas, Sam, the two siblings, and another hunter in the war room.

"Damn wraith. Knew him from a nest your mom and I busted up on our last hunt. Probably here to gloat. The bastard." Bobby sneers.

"Thanks for coming." Sam tells a hunter before walking over to where Cas, Daphne, Billy, and Bobby are standing.

"A hunter's memorial, complete with monster. Mary would have appreciated that." Cas says.

"Now that you mention it, yeah." Bobby says. How are you?" Bobby asks Sam.

"Hey, you know... it's tough." Sam says.

"And the other one?" He nods to Dean who is talking to a hunter.

"Yeah, Dean... he seems to be doing okay. Hard to say." Sam says.

"Yeah. Maybe he's like me. Bein' teary in public's not my style." Bobby says.

"Hey." Sam gets his brother's attention as Dean picks up the pictures they laid out on the map table. "Uh, most everybody's headed out, but Bobby's gonna stick around. I thought maybe we could open that scotch Ketch left and hang out, talk about mom."

"Talk about mom?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Isn't that what we've been doing?" Dean asks before walking out.

+++

Sam and Cas are sitting across from each other at the table. Daphne is sitting by Sam and Billy is by Cas. Bobby walks over to the table, giving Sam a beer.

"Thanks." Sam tells him.

"Memory lane?" Bobby asks, looking at the picture of Mary, toddler Dean, and baby Sam.

"Yeah. I mean, Dean couldn't have been but four years old. I wasn't even six months." Sam says.

"You know, at one time, you boys were good lookin'." Bobby teases.

"Thanks." Sam chuckles.

"Sam. What exactly happened to her? Because I'm hearin' the kid..." Bobby says. They hear footsteps and turn to see Dean walk in.