088. i love you

Dean had left without telling anybody but Sam and after a day or two, Sam followed Dean to where he was visiting Mary at Donna's cabin.

Apparently, Dean has a plan to build a Ma'lak box and get in and then get dropped to the bottom of the ocean so Michael can't get out.

Cas, Daphne, Billy, and Lennox are in the library when Cas' phone rings. He answers, putting it on speaker.

"Sam."

"Cas."

"Were you able to talk him out of it?" Cas asks.

"No. So I'm counting on you. Uh, any luck?" Sam asks.

"I-I did as you asked. I've-I've looked for any possible way to forcibly extract Michael and destroy him. But so far, nothing." Cas says.

"And what about Rowena?" Sam asks.

"She went through the entire Book of the Damned and found nothing. And I told her to do it again, see if she missed anything, and, uh... well, the woman has a remarkable command of profanity."

"All right, thanks. Uh, keep going."

"Sam, maybe if I spoke with Dean..."

"It wouldn't matter. Believe me, I-I've never seen him like this. He won't listen to me. H-he just-- no. If we don't find some way... Dean's gone."

They hang up after a bit and Lennox puts her hand on top of Daphne's.

"We'll find something." She quietly assures and Daphne weakly smiles.

+++

Cas' phone rings and he sees who is calling.

"Dean! It's so good to hear from you." Cas says, putting the phone on speaker.

"Oh. Well... good. Uh, listen, Cas, uh, Sam and I are working this case." Dean informs.

"You're working a case? That is so good to hear. So, I assume that means you're not going through with it, because I have to say, Dean, this plan of yours, it was born of-- of desperation, not reason." Cas says.

"My plan?" Dean asks.

"I-I know that I'm not supposed to know what I know, but..."

"Who else knows?"

"Daphne and Billy. And, um, Daphne told Lennox so she can help." Cas says.

"Thanks." Daphne mutters.

"Look, I'm fine with my plan, okay?" Dean says. "We can talk about my plan later."

"Dean. You are making a terrible mistake." Cas says.

"Does the name Tony Alvarez mean anything to you?" Dean asks, changing the subject.

"Y-yes."

"Say more."

"Antonio Alvarez is-is next in line to be prophet when Donatello dies."

"Okay. Thanks, Cas."

"Wait, Dean, Dean. We need to have a conversation."

"Look, I really got to handle this right now, okay? So, thank you, and, uh... it's good to hear your voice."

"Dean?" Cas calls, but he already hung up.

"Well, guess he doesn't want talk to his so-called kids." Billy mutters. "I'm getting more coffee."

+++

The siblings stayed back while Cas went to where Donatello is. Daphne and Lennox are in the former's room and Daphne is lying down with her head on Lennox's lap, the girl playing with her hair.

"I just... I don't want him to die." Daphne huffs.

"He won't. Cas and Sam will figure something out." Lennox assures.

"Yeah, but Dean's like the most stubborn man on the planet. Sam a close second." Daphne says.

"It'll work out. Promise." Lennox says.

"I just wanna think of something else. Please, anything to get my mind off of it." Daphne says.

"We could watch a movie or something." Lennox suggests. "Or... something a little more interesting." She smirks.

"Which is?" Daphne asks, though she thinks she knows based on her girlfriend's smirk.

Lennox leans down, connecting her lips with Daphne's. She cups one side of Daphne's face, one of Daphne's arms wrapping around Lennox's neck, pulling her down a bit more.

"Ow, ow, ow." Lennox mumbles, pulling away. "Nah, bending that far down hurts." She says, the two giggling.

"I'll shut the door." Daphne gets up and shuts and locks the door before returning to the bed. "So, where were you?"

"Somewhere very fun." Lennox grins as Daphne kisses her again, cupping both sides of her face.

They continue to make out while Daphne straddles Lennox.

"I love you." Lennox mumbles between kisses at some point. Daphne freezes, looking down at her girlfriend. "What?" Lennox asks before her eyes widen. "Shit! I said that out loud." Daphne giggles as she starts to panic. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to actually say it. If you're not ready for that, I totally get that, I--"

Daphne cuts her off by kissing her. She pulls away after a few moments, but keeps her face in a close proximity.

"I love you, too." Daphne softly smiles, a gentle smile on her face. As the words process in Lennox's mind, a smile pulls at her lips, gently grabbing Daphne's face and pulling her into another kiss.

+++

Sam, Dean, and Cas get back to the bunker. Seeing Dean, Daphne's eyes widen and she beelines to him, tightly hugging him. Billy trails after her.

"I really didn't expect to see you." She mumbles.

"Nah, don't worry, kiddo. I'm right here." Dean assures, hugging her back but not as tightly.

"Well, are you... are you going through with your-- with your plan?" Daphne asks.

"Not right now." Dean says. "But it is a last resort."

"Oh." Daphne mumbles.

"But we're not gonna let the last resort be needed." Sam intervenes.

"Yeah. Right, yeah." She forces a small smile. "I'm glad you're back, though." She tells Dean.

"Thanks." He smiles at her, ruffling her hair.

+++

The siblings and Lennox have been on a hunt with Cas, Jack, and some other hunters. Cas and the siblings walk into the bunker, seeing Mary, Sam, and Dean walk out of the library.

"Mary, Sam, Dean. What happened?" Cas asks.

"What happened?" Sam scoffs.

"Well, there's a story." Dean says.

"Well, do you mind telling it, or..." Daphne trails off in question.

"Not yet." Dean says and she nods.

"I feel like we missed something really interesting." Billy mutters.

"Ya think?" Daphne quietly retorts.