093. mary's gone

The four get back to the bunker.

"Yo, mom!" Dean calls out. "Mom! Jack? Mom? Hey, Jack?"

The four look throughout the bunker for the two and meet back up in the library.

"Nothing." Sam says, walking in, the other three already sitting down.

"They probably just stopped for a bite on the way back. You know how mom gets after a hunt." Dean says.

"Yeah. True that." Sam says.

"Well, hey, here's to another miraculous Sam Winchester and Billy Burton survival. Got to say, guys, if Jack hadn't healed you two..." Dean says. Daphne frowns and she looks down, picking at her chipped nail polish. Only Billy seems to notice her reaction making him frown.

"You know, lately, it feels like we'd be up the creek without that kid. I mean, first, he takes care of Michael, and then Nick." Dean says.

"Kind of sounds like you're bummed about it." Sam says.

"No. Get out of jail free card? I'll take that." Dean says.

"Well, that's great. I'm, uh... gonna go." Daphne gets up and walks out of the library. Billy follows her, finding her pacing in her room.

"Hey." Billy says making her stop and turn to him.

"Hi." She mumbles.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" She mutters, sitting on her bed.

"Okay, well, I'm completely fine. Your turn." Billy sits next to her.

"I'm sorry." Daphne frowns.

"For what?" Billy asks. Daphne sighs, playing with a rip in her jeans.

"Everything, I guess." She says. "Being a bitch and all that."

"Well, you're forgiven, but you were grieving. It's understandable." Billy says.

"Yeah, but I wasn't a bitch when mom and dad died." Daphne says.

"You were a different person then. It's okay to change." Billy says.

"I'm really sorry about the... the teacher comment." Daphne winces.

"It was definitely a low blow... but I forgive you. And I'm really sorry about the slut comment. You didn't deserve that." Billy says.

"You're forgiven. Sorry about slapping you."

"Don't be. After calling you a slut, I deserved that. Glad you're finally opening up again, though."

"I don't wanna lose you. Out of all people, you've been there through everything, and I can't afford to lose you." Daphne says, standing up, starting to pace again.

"You won't." Billy promises, standing up. "And if you do, you can kill me." Daphne smiles, holding her arms out. Billy walks closer and lets her tug him down so he's bending down so she can hug him around his shoulders. He wraps his arms around her middle, tightly hugging her back and he rubs her back.

"You need me, I'm here." Billy says.

"I know." Daphne mumbles.

"I love that I still have to bend over to hug you." Billy grins after they break away. "You little shorty." He squishes her cheeks.

"I hate being tiny." She whines, pushing his hand away.

"I don't. Recessive genes are so fun." Billy says.

"You're annoying." Daphne tells him.

"And yet you love me." Billy pinches her cheek.

"William!" She groans as he walks out, laughing.