071. tentacle monster

Sam is asleep at the map table. His head is resting on his arm which is on top of a book. Daphne is sitting across from him, watching Dean sneak up behind his brother and carefully place post-it notes on his back.

"What are you doing?" Daphne asks, but Dean only shushes her.

Sam stirs making Dean freeze, but Sam stays asleep. Dean smiles, putting more post-it notes on. Sam starts to wake up making Dean panic.

Dean quickly sits at the end of the table as Sam sits up.

"Dean?" Sam asks, groggily.

"Yeah?" Dean asks.

"What are you doing?" Sam asks him.

"Nothing." Dean shrugs. "Uh, whatcha readin'?" He asks, taking a sip from the coffee mug. Sam eyes him suspiciously. He looks over at Daphne who shrugs.

"Well... um... I finally found something on the Seal of Solomon, but-- it's really weird." Sam says.

"Yeah, hit me." Dean says.

"All right. ""Then Mighty Solomon commanded unto his priests 'Bind my Seal.' But the jewel was of the cosmos."" Sam reads.

"Jewel of the cosmos? What does that mean?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. Maybe a-a meteorite?" Sam suggests.

"Mm. Yeah, maybe. Well, forget what it is. Where the hell would that be?" Dean asks.

"It doesn't say." Sam says.

"Okay, so, we've got blood of a holy man, we've got fruit of the Tree of Life, but this piece of Kryptonite, we've been through every book in this place, and we've got squat." Dean says.

"Yeah. All right, I guess we should check the archives again." Sam says. He gets up, leaving.

"Great." Dean sarcastically says.

+++

After finding what they might be looking for, they got on the road and got to wherever Dean is driving to, Daphne not having paid much attention to the conversation.

Dean pulls up to an old brick building with a rusted car covered in vines out front. They get out and walk around the corner of the building.

"You sure this is it?" Dean asks.

"That's what the map says." Sam says.

They walk through an open fence and see scattered metal debris on the ground.

"So where's the door?" Dean asks as they all look around.

"Dean." Sam calls, nodding in a direction. Dean and Daphne follow his gaze to find a manhole cover with a symbol on it.

"Huh." Dean hums.

They go over to it and Sam brushes some leaves off, revealing a stylized keyhole.

"Ask questions, get answers." Dean says.

Sam pulls out a box with a key and puts the key in the hole, unlocking it. He opens it as some leaves fall into the dark tunnel.

"Not it." Daphne says.

Dean rolls his eyes at her before going down the manhole. Sam makes Daphne go in before him, not wanting her to be last, and he follows her.

They pull out flashlights and Sam leads them in a direction. The lights are turned on and the three turn a corner into a corridor strewn with books on the floor. They put their flashlights up since they can now see, moving down the corridor.