075. morehead tunnel

"Fruit from the tree of life. Blood of a most holy man." Rowena says, getting the ingredients for the spell to open the rift out.

"Dean." Sam calls getting the older one's attention and Sam tosses him a pack of glow sticks.

Rowena pulls a hair out of Dean's head.

"Ow." He whines.

"Something from the other side." Rowena puts his hair into the bowl.

"Hey. How's Gabriel?" Sam asks Cas when he walks in.

"He said he needed a minute alone. He wanted to extract his grace by himself. "In private."" Cas says.

"Ew." Daphne grimaces."

"So I left him alone in Dean's room." Cas says.

"You what? No." Dean complains.

"I hate to interrupt, but I can't be the only one to notice the rather glaring hole in our plan." Rowena says. "We open up the rift, it gives us a day to find and save your mom and the boys. And it's a very big world over there and you're not even sure where they are, so..."

"She's right. The clock may run out on us." Cas says.

"Yeah. It might." Sam agrees.

"Yeah, well, we don't have any better ideas." Dean says.

"Mm, that's inspirational." Rowena remarks.

"Well, it's why she's staying here." Dean points Daphne.

"What?" She asks. "No." She protests.

"Daphne, it-- even if time doesn't run out, it's not safe." Dean says.

"It's not safe here either. Nothing, nowhere is ever fully safe, Dean. And it's my brother, I'm not just sitting back." Daphne says.

"Daphne--"

"So if it was Sam kidnapped on the other side, you'd stay back if somebody told you to?" Daphne asks.

"Of course not. But I'm the older sibling." Dean says.

"Sam." Daphne turns to him. "Same question from a younger sibling's perspective."

Sam opens his mouth to answer, glancing between Dean's stern look and Daphne's desperate one.

"I wouldn't sit back." Sam says and Dean rolls his eyes, rubbing his forehead. "Look, Dean, she'll be with us the whole time. We'll protect her. it's safer than her sneaking through the rift after we leave."

"She wouldn't do that." Dean says.

"Yes, I would." Daphne argues, nodding.

"Fine." Dean grumbles.

"Here it is!" Gabriel walks in. "The final ingredient -- a fresh serving of archangel grace." He puts a vial on the table. Rowena picks it up, the group looking at the small amount of grace in there that doesn't even fill up half of the vial.

"This is what you call a serving?" Rowena asks.

"That is the jet fuel of divine emissions. It'll be more than enough to get the job done." Gabriel says.

~ ~ ~

Rowena prepares the spell, everybody getting ready to go through the rift when she opens it. She says the spell and the rift appears.

"Okay, everyone ready?" Cas asks.

"Yeah, all right." Sam says.

"Let's do this." Dean says.

They move towards the rift, but stop when it flickers. It slowly starts to fall sideways, everybody's heads falling with it until it completely disappears.