014. sweat lodge

The four are in North Carolina for a case, Billy and Daphne currently sitting in the back of the Impala while Sam and Dean are inside the house and talking to the wife of a guy who was friends with a guy that pumped gas into himself.

The two teenagers stayed away from hunting after the witch case since after the whole fight, Daphne's ribs needed even more time to heal. She didn't really complain given she was still a little on edge from almost being burnt to a crisp.

In that time, the brothers ended up finding Cain and Dean killed him, Cas hiding the blade afterwards so he didn't have access to it.

Billy looks up from his phone when he hears a car stop and then a car door open and shut. He watches a guy walk over to the Impala and inspect it, waving to the two when he sees them inside.

"Who's that?" Daphne asks as the guy leans against the Impala.

"I don't know." Billy shrugs. "Stay in here."

"Wh--" Daphne is cut off as Billy gets out.

"Yo, man, can I, uh... can I help you or something?" Billy asks.

"Yeah. When did Sam and Dean get kids?" The man asks.

"They-- they didn't. We just... you know, live with them. Not their kids or anything." Billy says. "Seriously, who are you?"

"I'd like to know as well." Daphne gets out of the car.

"I told you--"

"I hate being unincluded."

"Are you serious?" Billy rolls his eyes.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey, no!" The three turn at Dean's stern voice, him and Sam walking out of the house. "Hell no. You step away from them." He orders Cole.

"Not here to hurt anybody." Cole says. "Just recognized your wheels."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Dean asks.

"Jemma called me in. I've known Kit since we were military brats raisin' hell on the same base. He's a good man." Cole says.

"Well, no one's saying he's not." Dean says.

"Oh, really now? So, what are you two, uh, here for Jemma's sweet tea?" Cole asks. "You want to tell me why you're really here?"

"We're working a case." Sam says.

"Oh, Kit's case?" Cole asks.

"Honestly, we're not sure just yet, but, um, it's looking like it." Sam says.

"Mm. Says you." Cole says.

"There's a murder suicide in town. Your buddy Kit? Same unit as the killer. Same whacked out antics. So..." Dean says.

"Look, we're not going anywhere, all right? And if you care about your buddy, you'll let us handle this." Sam says.

"Mm. Nah, I think I'm gonna be coming with you." Cole says.

"Oh, the hell you are." Dean retorts.

"I got contacts. I can help." Cole says.

"You really can't." Dean argues.

"For example, a friend of mine works military intelligence... owes me a favor." Cole says.

"Would he know what Rick and Kit's mission was?" Sam asks.

"Sure. And he'd tell me all about it." Cole says.

"Okay, fine." Dean reluctantly agrees after a moment.

"No, it ain't. You know, I figure what's going on here... I stick to you two like flies on roadkill, make sure my buddy comes home in one piece. Look, I know what you two are thinking, but we are not gonna hunt my best friend, who happens to be a fucking war hero, by the way. We are gonna find him. And that's the difference."