086. happy holidays

Jack, Daphne, and Billy are sitting at the map table and on video call with Ketch on the laptop and the brothers and Cas walk over.

"Mm. Valko's compound was a breeze, as it turned out." Ketch says, taking a sip of tea. "Jammed the security system from the outside, sedated the guard dogs -- Rottweilers, naturally."

"Ketch." Dean says.

"Hey. You have it?" Sam asks.

"Sam, Dean. What, no "hellos," "how are yous"?" Ketch asks.

"No time." Dean says.

"The egg, Ketch." Cas says.

"And as I was just telling all of your precious, little babies, I did, in fact, manage to expropriate the egg from a certain Hungarian rare weapons collector." Ketch says.

"Yeah, uh, uh, Arpad Valko. W-We got the messages, but so?" Sam asks.

"Unfortunately, once I got back to Budapest, where I was intending to catch the red-eye back to the good ole U.S. of A., he unleashed a swarm of mercenaries upon me. I was cornered and so I was forced to, I'm afraid, drop the egg like, well, to mix a metaphor, like a hot potato."

"You dropped it?" Cas asks.

"Never you mind, boys and girls. I put it somewhere safe. In fact, it should be arriving in Lebanon, Kansas, the day after tomorrow between, mm... 2:00 and 6:00 P.M." Ketch informs.

"You put the only weapon we have against Michael in the mail?" Dean asks.

"Ah, not just any pail. I paid extra. Certified Priority Express." Ketch says.

"He paid extra." Dean notes.

"Look, I improvised. It's not as if I have access to the top shelf clandestine courier networks I did during my British Men of Letters days. And really, so, whose fault is that, hmm?" Ketch asks.

"Okay, Ketch, we're-we're not mad, w-we appreciate the effort." Sam says.

"Do we?" Dean asks in an angry tone.

"It's just that big Michael stuff is going down soon. We-we-- we kind of needed the egg now." Sam says, nervously chuckling.

"Oh. Well, um... sorry, chaps." Ketch says.

~ ~ ~

"Well?" Dean asks his brother.

"It's not far. It's being held at a hub facility in Joplin, Missouri." Sam says. "Apparently, it would've made it to Lebanon if it weren't closed for the holiday."

"Well, if they're closed." Cas says.

"Means we can get it." Sam says.

"How?" Jack asks.

"We break in." Sam smiles. His phone rings, him picking it up. "Garth. Hey."

Sam talks to Garth until he hangs up, Michael's plan getting revealed.

"The whole damn town?" Dean asks.

"It's gonna be a blood bath. All of Michael's monsters activating all at once, attacking, turning everyone in Kansas City?" Sam asks.

"It's his army." Cas says.

"And all on a night when nobody's guard's up -- all nogged up, waiting for Santa." Dean says. "Merry fucking Christmas."

"Yeah, well, Garth said Michael was gonna give the signal at midnight, so if we can get to him before he does--"

"Then we can stop this." Jack says, cutting Sam off.