031. trapping lucifer

The four get to an abandoned warehouse where Crowley is waiting. Sam runs into a cobweb, struggling to shake it off.

"Nice digs." Dean comments. "The crypt keeper out of town?"

"I'm lucky to be alive. Lucifer had me trussed up like a dog in my own palace." Crowley says.

"Palace? Oh, you mean the abandoned nuthouse." Dean remarks.

"He kept me in a kennel!" Crowley exclaims, the brothers smiling in amusement. "And he turned all his demons -- my demons -- against me."

"Hmm, guess they're not your demons anymore, then." Billy comments.

"They scour the earth, day and night, looking to kill me. He has to be dealt with." Crowley says.

"So is this why you brought us here? Some lousy grudge match with Lucifer?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, where's this, uh, Hand of God you were talking about?" Sam asks.

"I'm getting to that. Your only hope of subduing Amara is to match the level of power that she possesses." Crowley says.

"No kidding. And?" Dean asks.

"And I have the Horn of Joshua."

"Joshua? As in the Joshua that won the Battle of Jericho?" Sam asks.

"No, he means the actor from Dawson's Creek." Billy retorts, Sam giving him an annoyed look.

"I'm willing to entrust it to your capable hands." Crowley says. The brothers share skeptical looks. "What? I just said I'd give you the thing."

"If?" The brothers question.

"Is this how you say "thank you"? You think these things grow on bloody trees?!"

"Cut the crap, Crowley. With you, there's always an "if."" Dean says.

"Fine. I will give you the horn if you help me exorcise Lucifer from Castiel's vessel and then return him immediately to the cage." Crowley says.

"Oh, that's all? Huh." Sam says.

"Okay. And where is this horn?" Dean asks.

"Safely hidden, naturally." Crowley says.

"Yeah." Dean mumbles.

"Crowley, even if we could exorcise Lucifer out of Cas, the cage is damn near impenetrable. It took a spell from the Book of the Damned to spring Lucifer, and Rowena hid the book." Sam says.

"And we would need both the book and her to even have a shot." Dean says.

"Did I say this would be easy? No. I did not." Crowley says.

"Do you even know where Rowena is?" Sam asks.

"Rotting somewhere, I assume. Lucifer snapped her neck." Crowley states.

~ ~ ~

"Hold on, okay? Let's just put it in reverse. We will put Lucifer back in the cage after we put Amara back on ice. It has to be in that order, otherwise there is no Lucifer, there's no cage, there's no nothing." Dean says.

"He's spent years marinating in hate against us! He has to go." Crowley says.

"Problem is, we may need him." Sam says.

"He's been down this road with Amara before. He might be the only one powerful enough to use the horn against her." Dean says.

"He had me cleaning the floors with my tongue! He called me "puppy"! He made me beg!"