060. dean's cowboy obsession

Daphne and Jack are sitting at the first table in the library. They hear footsteps and look up at Sam and Dean who had gone on a hunt a couple days ago.

"How'd it go?" Jack asks.

"Well..." Dean starts.

"Jack, um..." Sam starts.

"What's wrong?" Jack asks. Daphne's jaw slightly drops as Cas walks in.

"Hello, Jack. Hi, Daphne." Cas greets.

"Castiel?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, it's me." Cas says.

"No. We burned your body and what's burned stays dead. How..." Jack trails off, glancing between the three men in confusion.

"Well, that's the question we've been askin'." Dean says.

"Jack... did you, uh... did you bring Cas back?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I wanted him back. I... begged for him to come back, but..." Jack trails off.

"Well, here he is." Dean says.

"Because of me?" Jack asks.

"We don't know. We don't know, Jack. But we-we-- we think maybe." Sam says.

"Thank you, Jack." Cas tells him. Jack walks over and hugs him.

"I missed you so much." Jack says.

"Sam and Dean tell me you're doing well." Cas says.

"I am. I... watch this." Jack goes to the table. He holds his hand out, a pencil levitating in the air for a few seconds. "I can move the pencil." He smiles.

"Yeah, he wouldn't stop doing that for, like... hours." Daphne mumbles.

"And... I found a case. Hunter's case." Jack states, sitting back down and moving his laptop more in Sam and Cas' direction so they can see the screen.

"What kind of a--"

"Zombies." Jack says, cutting Dean off. "I know what zombies are now." He whispers to Cas. "You see?" He pulls up the case information.

"Wait. Where'd you learn to do that?" Dean asks.

"By watching you. And Sam. Three days ago, a vintage pocket watch with a personal inscription was sold at a pawn shop. But when they went to authenticate it, they found out that it'd been buried with its owner... 20 years ago. And when they checked out the grave, it was empty. Which means... the dead are rising in Dodge City, Kansas."

"Right. O-or maybe it's a-a grave robbery, but..." Sam says.

"Oh." Jack mumbles.

"Yeah, but we should probably check it out." Dean says.

"Wait. Really?" Cas asks.

"Yeah, we've done more on less. Besides Dodge City's kind of, uh, kind of awesome." Dean says.

"You're being weird." Daphne comments.

"No, I'm not." Dean scoffs.

"All right, well... two salty hunters, one currently angsty Tigger, one half-angel kid, and a dude who just came back from the dead. Again. Team Free Will 2.0. Here we go."

Dean walks out.

+++

They get to the motel and go to their room.

"All right, this is supposed to be the best room in the joint." Dean says, unlocking the door and walking in. "Oh, ho! The Wild Bill suite." he laughs as he looks around at all of the cowboy decor.