053. bugged

They get to where the brothers know Mary was staying since Dean got a voicemail from her.

"Mom?" Dean calls, the four going into the motel room and looking around. "Mom. Well, looks like she hasn't been here for a while."

"Yeah. All her stuff is gone. Did she say she was moving on or--" Sam asks.

"No, I told you what she said." Dean says. "She said, "Dean, call me. We have a problem." And then that was it. She didn't sound happy."

"Okay, well, when she's not here, she's been bunking with the Brits. So maybe--"

"Well, dude, I've called Mick, like, six times. He's been radio silent since they sent him to London." Dean dials a number on his phone. "Ketch. Calling to see if my mom's with you." "It's Dean." "Winchester." "Because I'd like to speak to her, that's why." "No, I'm not being terse." "Look, if you haven't seen her, do you know where she is?" "No, I'm not being curt either." "Look, I don't have time for Manners 101 from you, okay? If she's with you, I wanna know about it." "Fine."

He hangs up.

"Suck a dick." Dean says.

"And?" Sam asks.

"He says he hasn't seen mom in over a week." Dean says.

"But mom called two days ago, said she was working a case with him." Sam says.

"Which means he's lying." Dean states.

"But why would he--" Sam's cut off by his phone ringing and he takes it out. "Jody." He answers. "Jody, hey. No, what? Uh, no, we hadn't heard."

"Mom?" Dean asks and Sam shakes his head.

"Um, when? What the hell happened? Oh, no. No. I-I, yeah, thanks for letting me know. Bye." Sam hangs up.

"Who?" Dean asks.

"Eileen." Sam states.

"How?" Dean asks.

"She was, uh, mauled by a wild animal in a wooded area, that doesn't have animals that do that, in South Carolina." Sam explains.

"But I thought she was in Ireland. Sam..."

"Dean, that's the second hunter death we've heard about in two weeks."

"I know. But two doesn't make a pattern."

"Three would."

"Meaning?"

"Mom's a hunter and no one knows where she is."

+++

After getting to South Carolina, the siblings stayed in the Impala while the brothers went to the morgue to see Eileen's body. Now, they're back in Lebanon and Sam and Daphne are waiting outside the post office while Dean and Billy went in to get the mail.

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I appreciate it. Thanks." Sam hangs his phone up.

"Are you okay?" Daphne quietly asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm... I'm fine." Sam dismisses.

"You know, you say that a lot." Daphne comments.

"Well, I mean it."

"Usually when people say they're fine, they're not really fine."

"Well... I'm not other people."

"Hey." Billy says as he and Dean get to the two.

"So I've been calling around about all of the hunters that died. Um, every one of them had years of experience." Sam informs.

"We got a letter from Eileen." Dean states.