070. scooby-doo

They're fighting a giant plush green dinosaur and Sam manages to wrestle it to the ground.

"Holy oil!" Dean calls, splashing holy oil onto the plush. He gets his lighter out and flicks it on. "Okay, move!" Sam rolls out of the way and Dean tosses the lighter onto the plushie. The dinosaur roars and thrashes around as it burns until he explodes, stuffing going all over the place.

"Dude, that was so cool." Daphne lets out a small laugh.

"Is it over?" The shop owner stands up from where he was hiding behind the counter.

"Yeah. Yes. Uh, sorry about the mess." Sam says.

"You three just took down an evil plushie that was trying to kill me. We're all good." The owner says.

"Alan? Everything okay in here?" A man asks, walking into the store.

"Oh, uh, hey, Jay." Alan greets.

"I heard the ruckus next door and I..." Jay trails off when he spots the mess. "What the... what... holy heck."

"It-it was a-a--" Sam tries to think of something.

"Did they do this?" Jay asks Alan.

"No. Nah, it was a... defective product. Yeah, sometimes the batteries in these... giant stuffed dinosaurs just explode." Sam says.

"Yeah, never buy anything from Mooselyvania." Dean chuckles.

"Mm. Exactly." Sam says.

"Okay." Jay says, but still looks confused.

"Uh, guys, this is Jay. He's the big man around this neighborhood. Owns practically the whole damn thing -- the Chinese joint, the laundromat." Alan says.

"Great. Great, great, great. Yeah, that's very cool. Can you guys give us a second?" Sam asks.

"Great." Alan says, the three hunters walking a little bit away.

"Nice cover." Dean tells his brother.

"What the hell was that? I mean, we rolled into town because people were seeing a lizard monster. And yes, we tracked it back here, but no way did I think we'd end up--"

"Killing Barney?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Was pretty satisfying, though, wasn't it?" Dean grins. "Probably just a cursed object."

"Well, it didn't act like a cursed object. We should probably do some digging." Sam says.

"Everything all right?" Daphne jumps at the voice behind her, spinning around to see Jay right behind her. She backs up, Sam gently dragging her to the other side of him.

"Yeah. Yeah, great." Dean says.

"Yeah. Uh, we were just gonna head out." Sam says.

"Oh, hold up. You guys saved my life. Anything you want, it's yours." Alan insists.

"We could never. We're-we're just happy we could help." Sam says.

"Wait. Uh... anything?" Dean asks, getting Alan's confirmation.

~ ~ ~

"Dean, this is ridiculous." Sam says as the two carry a TV out of the store, Daphne following.

"Look, giving us this made him feel good, okay?" Dean says.

"Yeah, where are you gonna put this?" Sam asks. "You--"

"I'm the good guy." Dean says. "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Take it easy!"