078. "keep the door open."

Dean's been gone for about a week, everybody handling it somewhat differently. They're doing everything they can to find him and Sam is multitasking looking for Dean and helping the hunters from the other world get used to this world.

Billy is on his laptop and trying to find anything on where Dean could be.

"Hey." Daphne skips into the room.

"Hey." Billy mutters. "What's got you so bouncy?"

Daphne grins and holds out a cupcake with a candle on it.

"Happy birthday." She says. Billy smiles a little.

"Thank you, Daph. Though not sure happy is the correct word." Billy lets out a small chuckle.

"Well... you know, it's your birthday. You're now 23... you're getting pretty up there in age." Daphne teases.

"Shut up." Billy gently shoves her and she laughs.

"Sorry, uh... one of the two dads isn't here." Daphne says.

"Well, they're not really birthday people, anyway, so..." Billy shrugs as Daphne lights the candle.

"Make a wish." She says. Billy stares at the few candles for a few seconds before blowing the candle out. "What'd you wish for?"

"You know I can't tell you." Billy says.

"Oh, come on." Daphne whines.

"No. It won't come true. Nice try, though." Billy says. "You asking has never worked and will never work."

"You suck." Daphne pouts.

"I just live to annoy you." Billy grins and pinches her cheek, Daphne swatting at his hand.

+++

Daphne and Billy walk into the war room as Sam gets back to the bunker.

"Sam." Mary says, seeing him walk in.

"Hey, mom." Sam greets, hugging her. "Hey, guys." He ruffles Daphne's hair and then Billy's.

"Dude, come on. I'm 23, man." Billy mumbles, fixing his hair.

"Sorry." Sam chuckles.

"How was Atlanta?" Mary asks.

"It was, uh... it was a bust. The woman who claims she saw an angel... was..." Sam scoffs, "let's just say I think she had one too many hits of the brown acid, you know?"

"Sounds fun." Billy comments.

"Sam, we're gonna find him. Ketch is working that thing in London. Castiel is in Detroit. I know it's been three weeks since Dean... something will break. It has to."

"Yeah. Yeah, you keep saying that." Sam says before he yawns.

"Have you slept? At all? Sam, you need to rest. Go and lay down." Mary tells him.

"Mom--"

"Chief." A hunter calls.

"Hey." Sam greets.

"Good to have you back." He hands Sam a bowl of soup.

"Thanks." Sam says.

"Don't thank me yet. Word is we got some vamps heading east on I-90. Gipsy types. Pickin' off trucks mostly." The guy says.

"Last body got drained and dropped just outside La Crosse six hours ago." The guy that Maggie is patching up says.

"Okay. Um... all right. Get me teams of two. I want watch points every 50 miles. If you see something, say something. Maggie, can you hack the traffic cams on the freeway?"