082. djinn

Daphne, Lennox, and Maggie get to the cemetery at night, using their flashlights to see.

"Are we... are we sure about this?" Lennox asks.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous." Maggie agrees.

"Everybody's nervous on their first hunt. It's... it's fine." Daphne assures.

"How did you manage to come with us? Sam and Dean barely let you on hunts in the first place." Lennox says.

"I, uh... I may have embellished to you guys the amount of permission they gave." Daphne says.

"How much did they give you?" Lennox asks.

"Zero." Daphne says. "They found out when, uh... when Billy called and I answered the phone and told them... but too late to drag me back kicking and screaming by then. So..."

"Got it." Lennox says, smiling a little.

They get to the crypt and stop outside of it. Maggie gets the camera out of her bag and hits the record button. Lennox does the same with hers.

"Hey, guys. Okay, so here we are in delightful Claremore, Oklahoma. According to the post, that's where it came from." Maggie leans out of the way to show the crypt. "Lennox, Daphne, and I are thinking ghoul."

"Anyway... here we go." Maggie says. Lennox and Maggie put the cameras on them and takes their machetes out and Daphne already has hers out.

Maggie goes into the crypt and Lennox looks back at Daphne. The girl gives her a reassuring smile and Lennox takes a deep breath, following Maggie inside.

They slowly walk into the crypt and look around. A creature charges at them making the three girls scream.

+++

Dean and Sam walk into the kitchen as they talk, Billy sitting at the table and eating a sandwich.

"You got any rest lately? Like at all?" Dean asks his brother. "I mean, look, man, I know things are crazy right now, okay? I mean, hell, I just went toe-to-toe with my own personal horror movie icon, but we all need our beauty sleep."

"Dean, I have sixteen hunters on cases right now. Plus. That's not counting Jack and Cas in Sarasota or mom and Bobby working that rugarou in Texas."

"Okay, you know that these people survived a war, right?" Dean asks as Sam sits down and Dean sits by Billy.

"Yeah, but a war isn't hunting. These people need, uh, lore and weapons and tips and backup, and-- look, don't worry about me, all right? I'm-I'm-- I'm good." Sam says, looking at his phone.

"What is it?" Dean asks, seeing Sam's face.

"Two of the hunters, uh, missed check-in." Sam says.

"Who?" Dean asks.

"Maggie and Lennox." Sam informs.

"Wait... isn't Daph with them?" Billy asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods. Billy immediately grabs his phone and taps on his sister's contact. His heart races while it rings, an onset of fear filling him when it goes to voicemail.

~ ~ ~

Sam is on his laptop and Billy is sitting next to him and Dean is pacing and trying to call Lennox and Maggie while Billy still tries to call Daphne.

"Come on, kid, answer the phone." Dean mutters, but doesn't get an answer.

"Daph still isn't answering." Billy says, biting his nails.

"You got them wearing body cams now?" Dean asks as Sam pulls up the footage.

"Yeah, they're new. I figured watching each other hunt is the best way to learn. They upload directly to the serve." Sam says.