041. nephilim and missing brothers

"So, find anything?" Dean asks. "Anyone powerful or respectable who suddenly changed... or exploded?"

"Well, this is pretty interesting." Sam says, turning his laptop around so Dean can see. Daphne leans over, also looking at the laptop. "This is the Archbishop of St. Louis with Wallace Parker."

"So?" Dean asks, looking at the picture.

"So, that was him three days ago." Sam says and he scrolls down to a different picture. "And this... is him last night at the opening of a food kitchen. Notice anything missing?"

"Nah, I always sucked at those games." Daphne mumbles while Dean scrolls between the two pictures.

"Yeah, the big mother of a cross around his neck." Dean says.

"Exactly. And this morning, his office canceled all further public appearances without comment." Sam says.

"Okay, so you're thinking that, uh, Lucifer blasted out of Parker and into his buddy the Archbishop here." Dean says.

"Worth a shot." Sam says.

"Yeah." Dean says.

+++

Daphne and Billy stayed at the bunker while Sam and Dean went to go find out what happened to the Archbishop.

Now, they're back at the bunker and Cas is with them.

"Ugh. These pictures..." Cas grimaces, looking through the pictures of the people Lucifer killed while in the Archbishop's body. "The level of violence, it's completely unnecessary."

"Lucifer doesn't like to get messed with. I guess when the Archbishop's priests figured out he was possessed, they tried to keep it quiet, do an exorcism. I mean, not that it would've worked. Lucifer blew town, but not before he slaughtered the entire staff."

"I don't know." Dean says, walking in with bags of food. Daphne grins at the sight of food so Dean gives her the bag, letting her go through it. "Who won the Nobel Peace Prize? Why don't we start there?"

+++

"Did the bunker's warding fail?" Cas asks as Dean walks into the library.

"I just powered it down." Dean says. "Crowley called, said he had some big news about Lucifer, whatever the hell that means."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait a second. So-So now Crowley can just... what, drop in whenever he feels like it?" Sam asks. "I-I prefer keeping Crowley at a distance. Long distance."

"I kind of agree." Daphne mumbles, sticking a fry in her mouth.

"Not very charitable, Moose and Tweedledee." Crowley comments. Daphne turns around to see him behind her and Sam. "Particularly since, once again, I'm saving both your asses. So, as you know, I'm temporarily persona non grata in my own palace."

"Palace?" The brothers chorus.

"However, there are those I still control. Operatives." Crowley says.

"Crowley, can we just get the damn news without the drama?" Sam asks making Daphne quietly snicker.

"Can I get you without the flannel?" Crowley retorts making Daphne snort. "No. Still, I endure."

Sam looks at Daphne at her reaction.

"Sorry. He's scary, but he has good comebacks sometimes." Daphne says, eating another fry.

"Did a little digging, acting on a tip." Crowley types on Sam's laptop. "And I think I know the identity of Lucifer's newest vessel."