CHAPTER 9

NOCTURNAL - SEARCH

"Quit toying with my cat!"

"I cannot help it. Aside from you, she can also see me. How cool is that?"

I sighed and picked Momo up from the bed. "That's enough for today. Momo's already tired."

The ghost immediately pouted.

It's already dark outside but my unwanted guest is still here, pestering me. A while ago, he asked if he can sleep here tonight inside of my room so he received an unforeseen beating from me and my Momo.

I'm not yet sleepy so I decided to read the book that I borrowed from the library. Alex has taste when it comes to books, I must say. I really love the flow of the story. Every part of it was very detailed and it was explained really well. There's also a part of the story where you need to anticipate what will happen next to the life of each of the characters. It has many plot twists.

"Momo still wants to play with me." Pangungulit niya.

I shook my head and placed Momo on her own mini bed. Ate Ria bought it for me as a gift for my cat. I wanted to pay for what she had spent for it but she refused.

Felix followed me and he caressed Momo's fur. I saw how my poor cat flinched. He chuckled.

Mukhang nangilabot yata si Momo at tumindig ang kaniyang mga balahibo.

"Hey! Don't scare her! Hindi siya makakatulog nang maayos mamaya." Tinulak ko siya pero tumagos lang ang kamay ko sa kaniyang katawan.

I badly want to hit him right now.

"I'm not scaring her. Nilalambing ko lang naman siya." Pagdadahilan niya naman na akala mo ay kapani-paniwala.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my study table. Spending my time talking to him will not finish my report so I'd rather work myself out by reading this book that I was currently reading.

"Whatever. You can do anything you want but don't play with Momo anymore. She needs to sleep." Sinilip ko siya para masiguradong hindi niya na nga lalaruin si Momo. Ang kulit pa naman ng multong 'to.

Nakaupo siya sa dulo ng kama ko at tahimik na pinagmamasdan si Momo na mahimbing nang natutulog. Mukha namang wala na siyang balak pang istorbohin ang alaga ko kaya nag-ayos na ako ng upo at nagsimula ulit magbasa.

"Is this your Mom's room?" He asked suddenly.

I bit the tip of my pen and answered. "Uh, yeah. When she was still living here with my grandparents. Why do you ask?"

I can't concentrate from reading anymore. I'm already at the halfway of the story and each page gets more and more interesting.

"Nothing. I already went here when I was still alive. Your Mom was my classmate and we were a member of Music Club." He exclaimed.

I chuckled and faced him.

That's absurd.

He's comfortably lying on my bed while staring back at me with those annoying eyes of his.

"You? In a Music Club? I understand Mom because she has a beautiful voice... but you? Seriously?" Tinakpan ko ang bibig ko para maiwasang matawa.

Bigla siyang umupo at inirapan ako.

"I can play violin, you know." He sounded proud.

Well, he should be. Violin is hard to play. I tried it once but quit afterwards. It's tiring and it's not really my thing.

"I'm sure you don't remember how to play it anymore."

I continue to read while I'm still facing his direction.